Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nozzle placement questions

Posted by zagyzebra (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 25, 13 at 20:57

I'm embarking on a complete rebuild of my bathroom. The steam shower will be located in a semi-circular room (inside a turret). The whole shower will be carrarra marble. The bench will be on the curved wall; the shower heads on the flat opposite wall. The question is whether or not to put a shower spray nozzle over the bench on the curved wall. To me, the curved marble wall is a thing of beauty, and to put a shower nozzle in the middle of it would ruin the clean and elegant beauty of the wall. And yet, this is a logical place to cool down with a spray when the steam gets hot. On the other hand, why not just get up and step across to the shower fixtures on the opposite wall and hose down there.

How do most people do this? Would I be missing out by not putting a spray nozzle over the bench in the steam shower?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nozzle placement questions

Hand shower at the bench. With it's own control.

But no natural stone in a steam shower. It's too porous and will have issues, including rusting. Only completely non porous materials are suitable for a steam shower, and it has to be vaporproofed 360. Not just waterproofed. Maybe a marble lookalike in porcelain would work for you. Porcelain works in a steam shower.

o
RE: Nozzle placement questions

Where do people generally locate the nozzle at the bench? You would think the plumber would know, but evidently he doesn't. And neither do I.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here