Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tiles with Style ?

Posted by MrsPete (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 19, 12 at 20:53

Has anyone done a bathroom (or any other room) with custom-made tiles from Tiles with Style? If you've never seen them, look up their website -- the stuff is incredible.

I saw them on the internet recently, and I am absolutely enthralled with the custom-made lilly pond /fish /turtles tiles. This would make an absolutely wonderful bathroom floor.

I'm wondering, though, if they're worth the pricetag (this is a fairly large bath; to do a great floor, a little bit around the tub and vanity, and a little in the shower would cost $2500-$3000, and we'd still need a very basic tile for the walls). This would be for our master bath, which will also serve as the downstairs bath for guests -- so a splurge is worthwhile.

Also, how does one handle bath mats? It seems foolish to put this kind of money into this kind of floor . . . then cover it up with a $20 bathmat from Walmart. Obviously, the examples on their website don't use mats, but in the real world, I don't want to fall and get hurt on a tile floor!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tiles with Style ?

Those are gorgeous!

I have to say that the one image with the orange round rug in the bathroom is a bath rug from Target. I have that same one in my kitchen. They come in all sorts of colors and are fairly small so work great in my smallish kitchen.

I would seriously consider this tile-if it is of good quality. It would be a wonderful installation.

o
RE: Tiles with Style ?

Those are really pretty. I would just get a plain coordinating bathmat and just hang it on a towel bar when not in use so the floor isn't covered.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here