Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice on countertop and floors if marble subway in shower...

Posted by llhartsandcrafts (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 19, 13 at 20:46

I'd like to do 3 x 6 white/gray marble subway tiles in my shower in master bath remodel. Should I stay away from marble on the floor of the bathroom? I was going to do 2 x 2 tumbled tile in the shower. How about the floor of the bathroom--is marble hard to upkeep? Slippery? What about for the countertop of the vanity--I found a remnant of Carrera marble for a six foot wide vanity for $1100. Would Ceaserstone be less money? Or better material for a countertop? How about granite?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice on countertop and floors if marble subway in shower...

I am just embarking on a remodel, so do not have the same experience as many here, but we are considering marble subway tiles with dark gray slate floors that are textured (eg, not too slippery). We are shying away from marble vanity top, because we want the low maintenance/antibacterial advantage of quartz, even though its less "oooh". Our fabricator will do 2 bathroom vanities (36 and 60") in white quartz for about 1200 total (at the same time as the kitchen granite, which is costing a bit more!).

o
RE: Advice on countertop and floors if marble subway in shower...

we did 3x6 carrara on the walls and basketweave on the floors. haven't used them yet so can't comment on slip factor, but supposedly the smaller tiles having so many grout lines have greater traction than a larger tile.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here