Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
klszal

Mirabelle toilets?

klszal
12 years ago

We just purchased a bunch of accessories for our bathroom remodel - faucets, towel bars, etc., from Mirabelle. The salesperson suggested that we get the 'matching' Mirabelle toilet instead of a Toto and said that they were "just the same", that everyone has been copying the Toto technology etc. I love Toto toilets and don't want to get a brand that's going to be terrible - should I just go with the Toto?

Comments (35)

• whitneyporter
    12 years ago

My name is Whitney and I am with Ferguson Bath, Kitchen and Lighting Gallery. I saw your post and wanted to offer a little more information to help with your decision. Mirabelle is a bath and kitchen brand exclusive to our Ferguson showrooms, and is modeled to exacting standards by makers of fine fixtures and accessories in the U.S. and around the world. If you were looking for another brand or something with additional features, Ferguson carries several lines from Kohler that could be a great match with the products you may have already purchased. Let me know if you have any other questions or if you would like more help before making your final selection. Happy remodeling!

• andi_k
    12 years ago

Hi Whitney -

Do you all get additional commissions for selling Mirabelle? I'm working with a Ferguson rep now and can't seem to get them off Mirabelle products....the only reason I can think is bc they get paid more if they sell Mirabelle over Rohl, Kohler, Moen, etc.

• whitneyporter
    12 years ago

Hi Andi--

Our consultants work with customers individually to find the best product to fit the vision and budget of your project and to match your overall aesthetic. We're thrilled your consultant loves Mirabelle as much as we do, but, as you said, there are many other options and brands in the showroom for you to view and select.

Let me know if you have any other questions about Mirabelle or any other Ferguson products. Thanks!

• lee676
    9 years ago

The Mirabelle toilets I saw at Ferguson appeared to be made by American Standard with similar, though not identical, designs. The Mirabelle tub I bought is made by Clarke Industries, and doesn't look like anything they sell under their own brand name (and is excellent BTW). It's sold exclusively by Ferguson in the US and someone else whose name I don't recall in Canada.

• PRO
    Robbie Interiors
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I currently have a Mirabelle toilet in my home and am very unhappy with it. The design is bad. The bowl is flat and any solid waist sits on the side, there is no gravity to pull the solid waist down and not enough water power to wash it down. It takes 3 to 4 flushes to get the solid waist down. When I told my sales person I was unhappy she told me this was due to the CA water requirements and all toilets would be the same, If I got a new toilet I would have the same problem.

• PRO
    Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
    8 years ago

Hi Robbie--
    That’s definitely not an ideal situation and doesn’t seem close to our normal Mirabelle toilet performance at all. We’d love to help resolve this issue, please contact our customer service line at 800-221-3379 or email at PLAC@ferguson.com a for a resolution. Please be sure to mention this conversation on Houzz to expedite the issue. We hope we can find a solution and get you back to optimal flushing!

Let me know if you have any other questions about Mirabelle or any other Ferguson products. Thanks!

• PRO
    Robbie Interiors
    8 years ago

Thank you for your response, I will contact your customer service on the matter. I'm very happy with my other Ferguson products especially my Fairmont Newhaven Vanity cabinet, It is great quality, reasonably priced and beautiful! Also love my Hansgrohe faucets.

• PRO
    good enough plumbing
    8 years ago

Mirabelle is garbage...is spruced up pro flo contractor grade crap...ferguson exclusive means more commish for salesman...youd be better off going to home depot.. ive been a plumber for 15 years and their fixtures are among the worst ive ever installed

• PRO
    Robbie Interiors
    8 years ago

Good enough plumbing, thank you for your opinion, this is helpful to know. I recommend pluming fixture to my clients often and I am very happy this was not a fixture I had specified for a client.

• jnewman492
    8 years ago

I have exactly the same problem with my Mirabelle toilet that the solid waste takes at least two flushes and there are brown marks on the side of the toilet(near the bottome) that I have to use toilet paper to wipe off, every single time there is solid waste, from the first day it was installed in a bathroom redo. . I will call the numbers above to see if there is any kind of solution. c

• silken1
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Goodness. We are just having a Mirabelle toilet installed in the next week or two. Our sales person, who we bought various bathroom items from (many different brands) said it was a great toilet. Ours is the Bradenton one piece single flush toilet. Can those having problems tell me which model?

• silken1
    8 years ago

I had another thought on this problem. Ours is rated for the MAP flush test at 1,000 grams which is very good. How are the problem ones rated?

• jnewman483
    8 years ago

I just called the ferguson call center. She suggested some possible change to the flow valve. I think that is what she called it. I will try it tonight when I get home.

• PRO
    8 years ago

Hi @jnewman483-

That’s definitely not an ideal situation and doesn’t seem
    like our normal Mirabelle toilet performance at all. Please let us know if the flow valve recommendation from our Call Center resolves your issue with flushing twice. If not, please reach out to our customer service team at PLAC@ferguson.com and we will try to help troubleshoot - and please be sure to mention this conversation on Houzz to expedite the issue. We
    hope we can find a solution and get you back to optimal flushing! Let me know
    if you have any other questions about Mirabelle or any other Ferguson products.

• PRO
    8 years ago

Hi @silken1-

The Mirabelle Bradenton toilet series has a 1,000 MaP score across the board, which, as you have found, is similar to other leading manufacturers. However, if you run into any issues with your toilet once installed please feel free to reach out to the local showroom you purchased the toilet from, or you can contact our Customer Service team at 800-221-3379 or PLAC@Ferguson.com - and be sure to mention your conversation with us on Houzz.

I really think you will be pleased with your Mirabelle toilet once it is installed, and you will be sure to love the one-piece design - if not for the easier cleaning alone!

• silken1
    8 years ago

Thanks Ferguson Bath

• jnewman492
    8 years ago

The Ferguson person sent me a new piece for the tank to see if that will help in the flushing. We will install it and I will see if it works. Ferguson has been very helpful, but I don't know if it will fix the problem.

• silken1
    8 years ago

@jnewman492, do you know model you have? I am curious what the flush rating is. Some are good and some are not.

• PRO
    Susan Manbeian
    7 years ago

I am about to buy a Mirabelle Bradenton toilet to Ferguson and would like to hear anyone's opinion. The reviews here are very negative and I am about to rethink buying anything Mirabelle. Thanks

• silken1
    7 years ago

I forgot about this thread! We have had our Mirabelle Bradenton one piece single flush skirted toilet for a few months now. It was installed by builders that have been in the business for over 25 years and the same guy installed our other single flush low flow toilet several years ago. While I like the look of this toilet a lot, its performance is lacking and I find it hard to believe it is rated at 1,000 grams/flush. Our other toilet, which is a Foremost that cost a fraction of the price has an 800 grams rating and works flawlessly. This one has a poor bowl design as mentioned earlier and waste gets stuck to the dry sides often and the water does not wash it off. It is only DH and myself and we are very careful not to use wads of TP or clog the toilet. But even when only one small piece is used, it will often come back up when you thought it was flushed down. And you have to momentarily hold the lever down to make sure it ever does the job. Often the next time you use the toilet, there will be TP from the time before floating in the bowl! We tried blowing out the stack and plunging in case there was something. But it was a gut reno and our old toilet which was a big old water waster worked fine right up until it was pulled out for the reno. We have never had an issue in that bathroom until this new toilet got installed. We weren't very thrilled with the retailer where this was purchased and had trouble getting assistance on another issue so we have never addressed it. We figure eventually we will have to pull and replace it.

I would say find a different toilet.

• lisadlu16
    7 years ago

We installed the Toto Ultramax II a few months ago and it flushes great the first time. I was concerned since it was a 1.28 gallon flush but it has performed nicely.

• kurt4168
    6 years ago

We had these Marabelle toilets installed 3 years ago with a house remodel.They keep clogging and like posted before everything sticks to the side of the bowl. There is never enough water in it. Tonight i am plunging again. This is the worst toilet ever. We have the

MIRAM240WH/MIRAM200WH "AMBERLEY" TWO PIECE TOILET

DO NOT BUY......

• cdcoleman95
    6 years ago

I wish I had seen these comments before my recent bathroom renovation. We bought everything from Ferguson, including the Mirabelle one piece toilet. Like others here, I am VERY unhappy with the low water level in the bowl (even called the contractor back out to see if he could increase it). It's unbelievable how much room there is in the tank and in the bowl but no way to increase the water level because the overflow tube is so short. If I could start over and choose another toilet, I would.

• Embothrium
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Maybe they're called Mirabelles because if you put anything bigger than the size of a small plum in the bowl there isn't enough water for it.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=mirabelle&qpvt=mirabelle&FORM=IGRE

• Dennis Laliberte
    6 years ago

I bought a Mirabelle Key West model last year. It was a problem from day one. The flush lever, a satin nickel upgrade that Fergusons sold me, didn't fit. Their support team promised to look into it but I never heard back from them. The plumber that installed the toilet couldn't get it to sit properly on the floor - it wobbles and turns - and he claims that with this model that's the best it would be. A second plumber took one look, rolled his eyes, and explained to me why he doesn't recommend the brand. It also clogs very easily. After seven months of annoyance and plunging, the thing was sent to the landfill. I now have a Toto Ultramax that works flawlessly. Another complaint - the toilet seat hole spacing is non-standard, so replacement choices are quite limited.

• Teri Hirschberg
    6 years ago

DO NOT buy a Mirabelle toilet we were talked into buying 2 by the sales person at Ferguson the exclusive representative The Handle broke within a month on one of them now 9 months later we have a problem with a second toilet We have a Toto toilet in another bathroom for 15 years that has been the best toilet ever. Do not believe the hipe I’m convinced they receive an extra commission or brownie points based on sales of this toilet. We went back to Ferguson and was charged $50 to replace the broken, less than a year old flush handle spent another $75 to have it installed. Eventually we found a handle at Home Depot that resolved the problem.

• PRO
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Hi Dennis Laliberte,

We're so sorry to hear of your frustration with the Mirabelle Key West model. We have forwarded your feedback to our customer service team here at Ferguson. If there's anything we can do to further assist or help you in the future, please reach out to our Customer Service team at customerservice@ferguson.com.

• PRO
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Hi @terihirschberg,

Though it sounds like you've already paid to fix the issue, we can't apologize enough for the frustration this has caused you. We suggest you contact our Private Label Warranty team at 800-221-3379 or PLAC@Ferguson.com, as they might be able to assist you with toilet parts under warranty. And be sure to mention your conversation with us on Houzz to speed up the process.

• Dennis Laliberte
    5 years ago

Hi Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery,

Thanks for your comment. As I previously noted, I've already asked your customer service team for help; it was a complete waste of time - no followup was ever received.

• L P
    4 years ago

Hi, does anyone have an opinion on Mirabell sinks? I am convinced of the toilet, will buy Kohler even though more money
    Thanks, LP

• Helen
    4 years ago

In general bathroom sinks don't need to be high performance because they don't take much wear and tear. I recently remodeled and replaced the original who knows what brand bathroom sink which had been installed in 1965. It was perfectly fine after all those years - the rest of the bathroom not so much :-).

I did go with a Kohler sink (and Toto toilet) in my new remodel. The Kohler sinks were pretty inexpensive - or maybe they just seemed inexpensive when compared to the rest of the stuff I was paying for.

• L P
    4 years ago

Thank you

• Cathie Ward
    2 years ago

OMG, I wish I had read this years ago!! We have been struggling with our Mirabelle toilets for more than 6 years now. We have 5 of them that were recommended by the Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery, Rep. Since day 1 they have been a nightmare, never flushing correctly and completely. We use a lot of toilet bowl cleaners in two of our bathrooms. The other 3 rarely get used except when we have company. Even then it is embarrassing to explain to guest that their toilets aren't going to flush correctly. The master toilet has begun to run water consistently, so my husband tried to replace the parts but could not get to them. When the plumber came out last week he said the parts inside the tank were so difficult to get to, that it would be almost cheaper to replace the toilets. Only then did I discover the complaints on line.

• Phillip Walsh
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I purchased a Mirabelle wall hung toilet. After a while a hairline crack like a starburst appeared on the top behind the seat. I wrote to Mirabelle, they ignored me. As time has passed the porcelain is wearing off around the top circle, above water line, and is replaced with a rust like coating thicker than the porcelain and very hard, it cannot be removed without breaking the top of the toilet bowl. Now, one cannot locate Mirabelle; it seems they are no longer in business. DON'T BUY INFERIOR PRODUCT, STAY WITH TOTO.