Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raehelen

Would love to see pics of white bathrooms

raehelen
15 years ago

OK- we're getting closer to actually getting started. Have wavered back and forth on vanity for our basement BR. Originally wanted white beadboard (48"- two banks of drawers), then ordered one in hickory from our frakken (Love Battlestar) kitchen company that went bankrupt, cuz I don't know, it just looked good... Got the granite top but never rec'd the vanity, so now have to shop around again. Got a quote from the frakken carpenter who has so far taken over 3 months to finish off the few doors and drawer fronts missing in our kitchen for $1700, no thank you very much. Went shopping today, and would have bought an expresso shaker style, but not in stock, and we weren't totally thrilled with them- drawers were also expresso inside- too dark...

Then thought maybe I should go back to the original vision... needed to see white bathrooms, and wouldn't you know it, my main bathroom is white counter, white cabinet, white floor (OK it has blue fixtures, but still...), sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees... Anyhow, I am now more comfortable with staying with a white beadboard vanity, our granite has some colour, but toilet is white, and shower will most likely be white on white cultured marble (honed if possible), and floor is shown under the granite sample which is actually lighter than the counter itself.

But, I still would love to see pics of bathrooms where most of the appointments are white, just to let me sleep better. So many decisions, and I'm running ragged.

Comments (12)

• weedyacres
    15 years ago

Do a search for mrslimestone. She has a few she posted here.

• raehelen
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Jeannine,

Loved looking at all those photos, I saved a few.

and Weedy,

Thanks for the reminder about Mrs Limestone. Her Master BR is almost exactly what we'll be doing in ours!

Anyone else with pics of white bathrooms? We visited a 3.1 Million Lottery Show Home yesterday- and DH got some ideas. But I like to see lots and lots, so I can figure out what I truly like.

• suero
    15 years ago

Not my shower, but white

• toadangel
    15 years ago

mine's not all white, but a lot of it is. so far i like it, though i was told to stay away from white grout due to cleaning issues (obviously i didnt listen :)

lisa

• raehelen
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you,

Suero- that bathroom is very retro-elegant, isn't it? Sort of what I imagine you'd find in an old Florida hotel...not that I've ever been in one!

Lisa,- your bathroom is stunning. What are the measurements of your space, looks like you utilized every square inch quite wisely!

I'm getting closer... and these pics help confirm that I really do want a white bathroom!

• sombreuil_mongrel
    15 years ago

Mine's white tile, white-ish marble floor, white fixtures.
    I hope it doesn't spoil it for you that the upper walls are blue paint.

Casey

Here is a link that might be useful: my Blue Bath project

• toadangel
    15 years ago

aww, thanks. no one's ever called it stunning before, especially from those pics that were done when it wasn't "polished" - just the exhausting stuff was done.

it is a small space for everything i have in there. don't remember the exact measurements but I think it's about 8 feet on the longest parts, 6 feet on the shorter ones. used to be a second master closet & the previous owners added a tiny 32" acrylic shower & a pedestal sink & toilet. I took over the laundry room next door & that's where the shower is, then maximized everything we could around the flue vent to get the tub in there. i have lived in san francisco so i know pretty well how to make every inch count when you have to :) the only thing i feel is tight is the toilet - too close to the tub, but we couldn't move it easily because of a joist. i'm going to try an ADA toilet & hope that helps a bit since it may clear the side of the tub deck better.

thanks for the kind words - hope your project goes well :) so far i love my white & blue a lot

Here is a link that might be useful: here's my first round of postings if you want to see more...

• suero
    15 years ago

That bathroom is in the home of the president of a design-build company. The upper level has a toilet area to the right of the steps. The lower level is a shower room, with a sunken tub. The walls of the shower room are all glass, with plants to screen the windows -- sort of.

• golddust
    15 years ago

Here's my white bathroom!
    -GoldDust

Here is a link that might be useful: My white Bathroom

• raehelen
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Keep em coming!

I definitely love that nice crisp, clean look. And one of the beauties of having everything in white, is that you can paint it any colour you want!

• lauren674
    15 years ago

Ours is little, but it is white.