Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joseph_corlett

Cultured Marble Recycle

I've recycled solid surface and granite tops many times, but today was the first time recycling cultured marble.

We live in a homeowner's association and all 26 single-family homes are virtually identical. My neighbor's is for sale and her bathroom vanity had a big nasty mark that her realtor was pressuring her to fix. I told her there was no repairing cultured marble, but for $500.00, I would exchange my unblemished cultured marble double vanity top for hers, plumbing included, paint touch-up excluded. She jumped at the deal because she can't get plastic laminate and labor for that much and I've only got 24 other potential buyers for my top, ha.

The real winner in this is my wife, who only had to ride an hour and back to IKEA, pick cabinets, and will probably get a Dekton countertop, new undermount bowls and faucets, and wall covering without doing any work, except the toil of being married to me. Apparently this is substantial.

My neighbor has her "new" top installed, there aren't any leaks, and I've collected. Her marked top is now in my master bath, awaiting me to re-plumb. When I get our new tops delivered, I'll sledge hammer the works, cabinets and all, then install the new stuff. I'll keep you posted.

The irreparable blotch.

My top right before I pulled it.