Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
shower tile

Posted by cchenault (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 14, 12 at 19:30

I live in VA and have been scouring the internet and tile co.s for a large (smaller than 12 x 24) rectangular white gloss tile�.similar to a subway look is what I'm going for, but bigger. Who would have thought this a tough find. Anyone have suggestions. I found an 8 x 20 at Daltile but there is no bullnose to match, only a jolly. Any help appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: shower tile

I might be of help! In our MB we used Porcelanosa tile, (Bari Blanco; 8x20), and I think there might be a bullnose for it. We didn't use bullnose though. Our tile guy suggested that we use White Thassos to "trim" or frame out our tub surround rather than bullnose (I forget why). We used White Thassos to frame out our niche (and as a shelf in the niche), and our border tile is a White Thassos mosaic), so it does tie it all together.

Love the tile! It's glossy and white, and looks really nice. It has a very slightly raised lip along the edges, which at first, I wasn't sure about (I had wanted flat, flat, modern look tile). I really liked the color. It's white, white, but not a cold white. Some of the tile we looked at had an almost laminate look, which we didn't want. I think the edges gives a subtle, almost imperceptible textural interest.

FWIW, I received a mailer from Porcelanosa yesterday, detailing a big sale coming up (40% off?). I tossed it, so don't have the details, but I'm sure you could call them to find out.

Good luck!

o

@ catmom- I cannot seem to locate this tile. Is it possible it has been discontinued already?

o

Don't know. We did that bathroom 2 1/2 yrs ago. I would call and ask. Maybe it's just not gown on their site?

o

gown s/b SHOWN (late night typing on an iPad....)

o

Adex USA makes a 6x12 wall. City Collection.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here