Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moen 90 Degree faucets

Posted by breezygirl (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 14, 10 at 18:50

We're adding a master bath with huge soaking tub (Kohler Tea for Two), vanity with one sink, and walk-in shower. I need faucets!! I've been so focused on the kitchen reno part of this project that the master bath has become the ugly step-child. Not good.

I've looked at several showrooms and scoured, scoured the internet. I don't have $2K to throw at faucets, but I'm not going to cheap-out for something I don't like either. I want something modern with clean lines. Single handle sink faucet. I'm leaning toward the Moen 90 Degree Collection, but I'm worried that cleaning could be difficult with the way the handle is constructed.

Anybody have these faucets? Am I just being ridiculous about the cleaning issue?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moen 90 Degree faucets

I can't tell much about the Moen faucets, but I just installed a Grohe Europlus single hole faucet in my bathroom. It looks great...very modern. I think it was about 150.

o

That's a beautiful faucet! Just the look I'm going for. Too bad it doesn't seem like there's a roman tub filler to go with it!

o

The veris collection is very similar...I really think they're the same but marketed separately. That line has all the tub fillers and shower bits. Its a bit more expensive but just gorgeous. It has a lovely organic shape...not so sharp and pointy as some of the designs these days.

I'd love to hear how you like the Tea for two...I've been looking at that one.

o

The Veris is beautiful. The roman tub filler itself is about $1K, then I need the sink faucet and shower set-up. That's a bit more than I think I can spend, but I'll keep it on the wish list. I like that it seems squared off, but has a softer shape.

So far, the tub is sitting in its crate in my half-framed new mbath. Looks great there! I can't wait to use it, but it'll be a while before I can give you any reports. We just let the GC go for our whole house project as we can't afford his extra mark-up and will now GC ourselves. It will take longer, but I'm hoping to be done by April. The tub should be usable before then though.

Thanks for the help!

o

I was just looking at these faucets today, too. The price is good, but I'm also wondering about them. Anyone have any experience with them??

o

Bump, I am wondering if anyone has used these Moen 90 degree faucets yet?

o

Hi Kitmu and Jjaazzy. I ended up using Grohe Allure in the masterbath instead.

Here's the tub filler.

Grohe Allure 25097 tub filler

And here's the lav faucet:

Grohe Allure lav faucet

My whole house reno is taking 27 times as long as expected, mostly because I am the GC and am trying to feel my way through this. Oh, and the plumber was an idiot who drag on the bathroom plumbing for months before we finally realized he just didn't know what he was doing. He's fired now. :)

So, I can't tell you how I like the Grohe Allure or the Tea for Two tub. The tub was a bugger to get into place with the three walls surrounding it. Everyone had different opinions as to how to get it in place and how to build the tub deck surrounding it. The installation and deck/material has been a major PITA. I might have thought twice about buying that tub for that enclosure if I had known how much trouble it was going to be. It's just sitting there empty calling to me now. I hope the first soak is worth it!

o

Thanks Breezy, your preaching to the choir on things taking way longer. I have been at my bath since Dec 09! But, hey it's done right (thanks to Bill, Mongo and others)and I love it! Thanks for the update on the fixtures. I just had my counter top installed and the faucet I picked doesn't reach far enough into the bowl. Thinking about using the Moen 90 degree "bar" faucet does the kitchen and bar look heavier/thicker then the bath? I have a vessel sink and I think it will work well with the vessel but want to go with the longer reach of the bar faucet.

o

Not sure if this is relevant for you any longer, jjaazzy, but the Moen 90 degree collection does offer a vessel sink faucet. It is higher, to account for the increased sink height. I'm using the 90 degree collection in my home renovation for the master bath clawfoot tub, stand alone shower, sinks, and kitchen sink.

Here is a link that might be useful: Moen 90 degree vessel sink faucet

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here