Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
marble hex tile

Posted by mabeldingeldine (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 5, 12 at 18:27

We are midway through our bath reno, rapidly approaching the tub surround redo, and I have yet to find an accent tile I like to go with glossy white square AO tiles, white beadboard wainscot, gray walls, and butter yellow painted vanity.

We are now thinking about 1" marble hex mosaic or maybe 1" squares. I'd like to find some with a lot of gray, does anyone have suggestions for where to find some?

Many thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: marble hex tile

i got ours from oracle stone and tile on amazon. we ordered two different sizes from them and both are gorgeous. customer service was great and i intend to order from them again.

o

Three apples, thanks for that. I've been looking at their tile online and it looks beautiful.

o

I don't want to hijack the thread but I was wondering if threeapples could post a pic of his/her hex floor?

mabeldingeldine, I love the idea of a butter yellow vanity! I already ordered gray cabs for our white AO subway tiles and was planning on sneaking in some yellow in the window treatments. LOVE yellow in the bathroom. :)

o

i'd be happy to take some photos tomorrow--the marble hex floors are being cleaned and sealed. right now they are covered in sawdust and paper. in the meantime, however, here is a photo of one of the hex styles we bought from oracle--these are two samples my tile guy made for me to determine grout. the other marble hex is whiter, but both are gorgeous and i've very happy with it.

Uploaded with Snapbucket

o

Threeapples, Would you happen to know the color of the lighter gray grout? I am doing the same floor and like the lighter gray. Thanks so much.

o

Thanks, threeapples! I'm going to order a sample sheet of the same tile. I was originally going with the builder depot's venato 1" hex but I'd like to do a side by side comparison. The price is almost the same but it look's like your tile has free shipping.

o

The light grout is custom's "platinum," I think you can get it at Home Depot.

o

Thanks, threeapples!!

o

I am totally sold after seeing your tile threepples. It is beautiful.

Bumbledoodle, I'd love to see the two compared. I'm looking for lots of gray, which the samples above have, but I am always curious. I hope to be making the final decision this weekend.

o

I ordered the 3 inch marble honed hexagon tiles from a local tile store. I couldn't find the 3 inch size online. It is new, from what I understand, at least here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here