Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ltlfromgardenweb

Can anyone think of a better bathroom layout?

ltlfromgardenweb
10 years ago

We're trying to squish a master bath with shower (the other upstairs bath has a tub) into our master bedroom. Due to placement of windows, this funny long skinny rectangle is the best we could do. Expanding the bath to take up the whole window along the right side of the diagram would leave us too little bedroom.

That said, the layout is pretty bad -- the door to the bath opens directly onto the toilet, which is also centered in the window. To make it worse, the door into the bedroom is directly across from that, giving a clear line of sight from the upstairs hall straight through to the toilet when doors are open.

I personally don't think the option of hanging a mirror in front of the window would work for me as I have enough trouble with glare already, so that makes it hard to put the vanity under the window and the toilet where the vanity is now.
And closing up the window would require too much exterior work what with matching the cedar siding.

So, with those constraints, is there some better way to arrange things that I'm not thinking of? What about if I get a large enough mirror that it blocks the window altogether?
This is the best we and our contractor could come up with. Thanks in advance!

Comments (7)