Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does a good floor mounted tub filler W/O a hand shower exist?

Posted by smabbott (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 20, 12 at 17:59

I chose the perfect soaking tub and considered a Roman tub filler but decided to go with a floor mounted tub filler instead. Then we learned after the plumbing inspection today we can't have the floor mounted tub filler I picked out because of the hand filler. (It cannot be utilized without a tempering valve on it.)

Our choice now is to either remove the hand shower on the tub filler selected and cap off where it attaches to the faucet (My contractor and plumber both think we should be able to find a cap that matches the finish of the faucet.),
or use a faucet without a hand shower. However, after hours of googling I'm beginning to think that doesn't exist.

The Roman tub filler is no longer an option.

This is the tub filler I chose: http://www.jadousa.com/products/productDetail.aspx?id=4558

This is our tub:
http://vandabaths.com/usa/products/york/

Does anyone know of a floor mounted tub filler WITHOUT a hand shower? I didn't really want the hand shower anyway, but think it would look weird to cap it off. Has anyone else done this? I've searched the forum, Houzz, and DecorPad but cannot find examples. TIA.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does a good floor mounted tub filler W/O a hand shower exist?

Maybe this tub faucet would work for you? There are others with different handle types and finishes, too. Check out the Signature Hardware site at www.signaturehardware.com and go to Bathroom > Faucets > Floor Mount Freestanding Tub Fillers. The faucet height on this one is adjustable as well, since you can pick different lengths of risers. Your tub has to be somewhat close to a wall so the horizontal pipe braces can attach properly. Though the length of those might be adjustable as well, or maybe you could have someone make custom braces for you.

Enjoy your new tub; I've heard great things about the Victoria and Albert York.

Here is a link that might be useful: signature hardware tub faucet no hand shower

o

This is lovely! Thank you for finding it and sharing. I'll show it to my contractor & plumber and see what they say. In the meantime, I panicked and found another bathtub that might solve my problem, too, plus allow me to get a Roman tub filler that actually matches my sink faucets and coordinating shower fixtures.

Do you know anything about MAAX tubs?

My husband, our contractor and the plumber want me to make a decision. Ack! The pressure! Thanks again!

o

You're welcome!

I hadn't heard anything about MAAX tubs until I read your reply. I was curious, so did a quick google search on 'MAAX tubs gardenweb' to see if there had been any previous threads and found one titled 'Acrylic or cast iron tub?'. Gardenweb member kc567567 included this in her post "I think the moral of the story for Acrylic is go with a recognized name (MAXX here in Canada has been around for many years)." So I think that's a good sign.

Best of luck with your decision. I understand the pressure; you have choices to make. It'll be alright, though!

o

I am also looking for a floor mounted tub filler without a hand shower. I like the Kohler Escale freestanding tub and I think a floor mounted filler would be nice. But like OP said, they all seem to come with a hand shower. I don't want to buy one that has it, just to take it off--seems like a waste. I don't like the look of the hand shower cords, plus I know I wouldn't use it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here