Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Distance From Shower Valve to Head

Posted by rant2112 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 15, 13 at 17:41

We are remodeling our bathroom and I want to use a Moen ioDigital controller and valve.

The issue I'm wondering about is that the only place to install the valve where it can be accessed from behind is 8 or 10 feet away from where we want to install the shower head.

Is this a problem? Is it OK for the shower head to be that far away from the valve?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Distance From Shower Valve to Head

We were told by our bathroom designers that we could put the controls (valve) on one wall and the head on another, as long as the wall thickness was wide enough to allow for the piping. You want to be able to reach in and turn on the water w/o getting wet. Then stick a hand under the water to make sure it is up to temp before you step in.

Our newer shower has to run for about a minute (at 2.5gpm) before the hot water gets there in one bathroom, while it is almost instant in another (higher gpm because it is an old un-regulated shower). Depends on the distance from the water heater for us. No one wants to step under cold water (well, most folks). Mine runs for about a minute and a half before I get in, and the whole area is warm....including the floor. Good.

-Babka

o
RE: Distance From Shower Valve to Head

• Posted by Babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 15, 13 at 22:53

Duplicate post. Sorry. ;-(

-Babka

This post was edited by Babka on Fri, Nov 15, 13 at 23:01

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here