Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tile guy says Am. Olean subways are too irregular for gray grout.

Posted by threeapples (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 4, 12 at 17:35

is this true? he tiled my children's shower in American Olean subway tile and said I need to use white grout only because of the irregularity in the tiles and, thus, an uneven spacing between them. I saw the job when he was half done and the spacing looked pretty good to me. Do you all find this to be true? I'd like to use white subway tile in another shower, but would prefer a light gray grout there instead of white. Are other company's subway tiles better?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tile guy says Am. Olean subways are too irregular for gray gr

We had an entire bathroom done in American Olean white subway tile earlier this year, with charcoal grout. It looks great. No tile irregularities at all.
Grout lines and spacing are just fine.....

o

Sounds more like a poor installer's excuse than anything else.

o

We just had a shower done, with silver shadow grout, and it looks fine.

o

thanks, everyone. i just posted a photo in a new thread of my subway tile installed. does it look ok?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here