Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
matsutake

carrara marble hex tile

matsutake
10 years ago

We recently finished an extensive renovation of baths and bedrooms in our new Berkeley home. Gardenweb has been an invaluable source of information, on almost every question we came across, especially when we wondered about purchasing from various sources online. I noticed that there wasn't a huge volume of reference for tile retailers online and I wanted to contribute by sharing our very positive experience with one of those discounters.

We wanted carrara marble 1x1 hex in our traditional bathrooms and local tile shops were quoting well north of $30 per square foot. I looked at a myriad of places online and eventually settled on thebuilderdepot.com , having seen some good feedback for this shop on other websites. Their asking price was 11.75 per square foot. I went ahead and got samples which arrived quickly and looked very nice. I asked David, who I assume must be the owner, via email to send me a picture of his current stock. It looked fine to me, although pictures are not the best for this kind of thing. We decided to go ahead.

We paid $175 for home delivery, instead of going to the UPS freight terminal to pick up the tile ourselves (which would have saved us that fee). Our order was placed on 2/13 and was shipped on 2/15 via Roadrunner shipping. It was in our garage on 2/22. I inspected every sheet and found no damage. Our installer had no problems with them, I made sure to ask. I am uploading a picture for reference in case anyone is curious.

Last but not least, we found David's customer service to be very good. He responded to emails on the same day I sent them. I would definitely have no qualms using them again.

Comments (4)