Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What Goes in this Blank Canvas on the Bathroom Wall???

Posted by ms222 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 1, 12 at 17:10

What in the world do I do here? I bought the house and the bathroom is all travertine, but the guy who originally owned the house never finished the project and left this area....what should I do with it? Any recommendations?

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What Goes in this Blank Canvas on the Bathroom Wall???

Your photo won't come up. The page just hangs.

o

It works for me, but it's hard to say without seeing the rest of the room.

o

To me it looks like a space for artwork.

o

Mirror?

o

Depends a little on how wet your bathroom gets. Maybe a bulletin board? Collection of framed family pictures - pose on the pot! That would be silly cool. OK, forget I said that. An etched mirror or stained glass panel. A mosaic, where you crumble bits of pottery and glass and make a design. A flatscreen TV. Huge pictures of people who make you look skinny by comparison. Inspiring words, but not in a straight line. A trompe l'oeil piece that looks like a doorway to somewhere else. Or a face peeking at you. Or a scene through a window.

If you embed binoculars in the wall, people will try to look through them.

Hmm, maybe it's my bedtime.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here