Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glass Block Shower Window Sill: Corian/Tile/Other?

Posted by bathremodelstress (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 5, 12 at 16:59

As part of our small bath gut remodel, we're going to be replacing the pictured shower window with entirely glass blocks. The glass blocks will remain set back and not "flush" with the tile. Accordingly, we need to decide on what material to use for the window "sill" where the pictured toiletries are currently sitting.

Our contractor recommended using a piece of corian for the sill. Has anyone here done that? We're using a travertine-lookalike ceramic tile for the shower wall, and I'm concerned about finding a corian color/pattern that matches. My preference would be to just use tile for the sill, but contractor is concerned about water getting through. I came across an article about shower window waterproofing that mentioned tiling over corian, but not sure if that would make any sense either. What would you do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glass Block Shower Window Sill: Corian/Tile/Other?

We used corian for our shower surround and our seat in the shower which matches our sinks....so we didn't have the color match issue.

If you didn't want to use corian, you could always use marble or other stone.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here