Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mary3456

Remodeling master bathroom

mary3456
10 years ago

Hi.
I am in the very early stages of a remodel of my master bath which is 7' x 9'. Currently there is a neo-angle shower and toilet along the exterior wall, and a wall-hung corner vanity with single sink and a corner mirrored medicine cabinet (which i love) on the opposite wall. The walls above the vanity are mirrored in typical 60's style. I suppose the bathroom is very small for a master, but I really like the current layout (even the mirrored walls which make the rooms seem bigger and brighter.). In order it make the room bigger, I'd have move my adjacent walk-in closet and then I'd lose the hall closet and linen closet. The bedroom is pretty small and can barely (but manages) to fit a king size bed and dressers. It does have French doors out to the pool though. The house has another full bath and 1/2 bath.
My question is: I want the remodel to be high-end since the house is in an expensive area, but I don't have a ton to spend, and I wonder if the recent trends of large master bed/baths are worth sacrificing other living space for? Also, since I think the original 60's style using mirrored walls etc really works for the space, would I be wise to remodel in the same way? (BTW, the house was supposed to be the home for the builder, who sadly died before moving in. I think he really maximized the potential for the house in his design, utilizing the spaces and views well, IMO.)

Comments (3)