Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
madtown_2006_gw

Master Bath Layout

madtown_2006_gw
11 years ago

Hi everyone! I'm new to this board but I've been on various other GW forums over the years. We are in the very, very early stages of planning a master bath remodel and I was hoping for some feedback on the proposed new layout. I'd like to start shopping around and pricing out different fixtures, etc so I need to have an idea of how big things will be. Also just looking for feedback on the function/design of the layout and any considerations.

The bath is about 5.5' by 8' and has a long vanity, neo-angle shower, and toilet. I would really, really like to have a larger shower. The current one is just so small for daily use. We can't enlarge it in the current layout because there would not be enough room for the toilet (16" on center). So I thought perhaps we could move the toilet across the room, expand the shower a bit, and add a linen tower to account for the lost cabinet space. I am prepared to lose the counter space!

It would be nice not to have to move the plumbing and electrical too much. In this scenario we would have to move the toilet and probably adjust the shower drain, but the sink plumbing would stay the same. Likewise, the electrical could stay the way it is.

One thing I am unsure of is how work the linen cabinet next to the shower. I'll have to have a wall between the two, correct? Or I guess I could just do a glass enclosure and then the cabinet could have a freestanding look, instead of a built-in cabinet look?

What do you think of this arrangement? Are there other options that I am overlooking?

Sorry for the poor drawing! I am going to have a engineer friend draw it up nicely for me, but I couldn't wait to start posting!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!