Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which knob do you like better?

Posted by kmcg (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 21, 12 at 16:50

This is my double-door medicine cabinet, and I need to select a knob or handle. My husband vetoed the pink glass ones I had in mind, so it's back to chrome (vanity and linen cabinet have round chrome knobs like the one here, only a tiny bit smaller). The medicine cabinet is about 40x40, so it has some visual heft, which is why one of my finalists is the longer handle. But I like the simpler knob too.

Any preferences?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which knob do you like better?

I like the simple knob. Also another benefit of the knob is that you can switch out the chrome for the glass when he's not looking.

o

I also like the knob.

o

vote for the knob :)

o

I like what looks like your pink and green color combo. Did you watch Downton Abby? In there parlor or what ever, they had that beautiful color combo.

o

Thanks for the votes, and I'm glad you like the colors, enduring! Of course I watched Downton Abbey :) but I didn't notice a pink and green room. It's a combo I've always loved, but it was really serendipitous here. I found the handmade green tile and figured it was a good way to sneak a tiny bit of color into the room. The paints I sampled were a similar gray green, and a pink that actually looked white when I painted the sample. The gray green felt a bit gloomy, and the pink was nice with a stained glass window that was already in the bathroom. I love the fact that painting the entire room makes it look more pink !! and my husband is being very tolerant, somewhat to my surprise.

o

Another vote for the knob!

o

OT again. The pink and green room on Downton Abbey was on season 2 I believe and maybe season 1. I know I saw it on season 3 :) Yes I have seen 6 episodes of the series that wont be released in the US until Jan. My son down loaded them from the internet after each episode was shown in England. I watched the series this fall on PBS called "Call the Midwife" and I REALLY liked it. When I heard about the show, I thought what a ridiculous concept, but watched the 1st episode and everyone after. Really a tender show.

o

knob

o

I also prefer the knob.

o

knob

o

Unanimous so far - thanks for helping me with this!

enduring - I also liked Call the Midwife, but am really looking forward to more Downton Abbey. Luck you, to get a preview!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here