Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP...I can't make a decision!

Posted by genab55 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 16, 12 at 16:34

I am going nuts trying to make decisions on my master bath remodel! I can't decide if I should do a full glass wall next to the potty or do a half wall with a stationary glass on upper half.

We have decided to make the shower a walk in with no door (and no threshold on the floor) and my style will be very traditional(some old world)with natural stone tile and countertop.

I thought about going floor to ceiling glass to give me a few extra inches in my very small shower but thought it would be too hard to keep clean (our water is very hard) and wondered if it would look to contemporary.

I'm considering a half wall and even then I can't decide if I need to go all the way to the ceiling with the glass. I'm not very tall and wondered if it's hard to squeegee the high part.

I would appreciate some help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP...I can't make a decision!

I had a similar decision to make, and opted for the half-wall with glass above. The main reason was because I wanted to create some privacy for the toilet area. Without the wall, you would step into the bathroom and see the toilet sitting right beyond the shower. I'm really happy with the way it's working out: privacy and a hidden toilet are both lovely.

o

Some pictures (first three) https://www.google.com/search?q=glass+shower+next+to+toilet&hl=en&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=YNGmUK-1JM3K0AHYg4HwBg&ved=0CAQQ_AUoAA&biw=1680&bih=853
and

Here is a link that might be useful: half wall

o

I have another question for you concerning where you place your shower fixtures. I don't want to have to step into the shower to turn on the water and get wet or shiver and wait for it to warm up.

I'm thinking about putting the lever on the doorway end of the shower so I can just reach in and turn it on without having to step into the shower and get sprayed with cold water.

The shower head would still be at the opposite end.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here