Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
double vanity matchy matchy

Posted by lyvia (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 2, 12 at 16:23

Who gets to decide which things have to be an exact match, like roof shingles, and which things don't anymore, like kitchen chairs?

I'm thinking about slightly enlarging my 5x7 hall bathroom, and making it multigenerational, and it would be best if I could fit two sinks in there. The only arrangement I ever see is two perfectly matched sinks, but I am afraid to lose the counter space for contacts and curling irons and such. Have you ever seen a tiny second sink squeezed in? One for full duty jobs like washing whatever, and a second one just for teeth and hands, when needed? Or even a choice of lower/higher sinks? Siblings rather than identical twins?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: double vanity matchy matchy

I have seen many pictures of higher and lower vanities. And my husband and I have different sized vanities. As for having different sized sinks, I am sure it can be done well, but it would be more difficult to have it look good in a small bathroom.

o

Yes, it's quite trendy right now to do his and hers vanities of different sizes. I don't think people will think it's weird if you do this.

o

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I've just never seen it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here