Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Delta new lever with separate temperature handle easy to operate?

Posted by janesylvia (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 12 at 16:10

I am thinking of replacing my current Moen chrome shower head with the following stainless one with handheld shower head in the shower stall.
Delta 172939-SS-I Carlisle Monitor 17 Series Shower with In2Ition Two-In-One Shower, Stainless
The on-off and temperature control have two separate handles. Is it easy to operate? It looks like I also need to buy a valve to match it. Is the following the right valve to get?

Delta R10000-UNBXHF Multichoice Universal Shower Only Valve Body

Thank you very much, and any sharing of experience is also greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Delta new lever with separate temperature handle easy to oper

I just found out from lowe's website the kit includes the valve. Now I don't know if the Delta handle with temperature control on separate one is good or not. The handheld shower head itself had very good reviews on amazon. But the whole kit had mixed reviews on Lowe's. This Delta handle is not good?

o

Hi Janesylvia--we've got a similar Delta valve/trim/temp control setup. The temp part is a really nice feature to have. Basically, you turn the big handle to turn the water on and to adjust the water pressure. Then you turn the temp control to achieve the desired temp of the water. When you turn the shower off, you simply turn the water control handle and leave the temp handle alone. When you shower the next time, the temp is already set. Additionally, because the temp is a separate control, you can run the shower with a various water pressures if desired which you can't do with an all-in-one single handle.

As far as quality on that particular model, I can't tell you. However, what I can tell you is that Delta and many other brands make a special version of their fixtures for the big box stores that is typically on the lower end of quality (plastic pieces vs metal pieces) so they can offer a lower price point. There are a couple styles that they only make for the big box stores too. If you go on the Delta website and look up that control there will likely be 2 listed--one specifying Lowe's or HD and the model # will be slightly different from the regular one. Looks like the poor Lowe's reviews come down to quality.

As far as spotting, I am finding that they all do especially if you have hard water. Depends on how much it bothers you to see the spots or to wipe down the controls before exiting the shower.

Hope this helps!

o

Thank you very much for your help, mydreamhome.

Amazon sells the same models as Lowes. At Lowes' website, many people complained no hot water coming out after using it for several months for both the shower/tub and shower models. Do you have the same model? Really appreciate your kind help.

Delta Carlisle Stainless 1-Handle Shower Faucet with Multi-Function Showerhead, Model #: 172939-SS-I

Here is a link that might be useful: Delta Carlisle Stainless 1-Handle Tub and Shower Faucet with Multi-Function Showerhead Model #: 174939-SS-I

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here