Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
miriamb34

California faucets

miriamb34
10 years ago

Does anyone have any experience with this company? Quality? Pricing vs other companies? Thanks so much.

Comments (13)

• lillo
    10 years ago

It's suppose to be a good brand . Here is a link with all the information that you need about it .

Here is a link that might be useful: http://starcraftcustombuilders.com/sources.faucets2.htm

• vpierce
    10 years ago

We just did our master bath remodel with California Faucets in polished nickel. It's been about 3 months and I really like them.

• miriamb34
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Glad to hear you're happy with your faucets vickimp.
    Thank you lillo for that link. There's an enormous amount of info there.

• lee676
    10 years ago

I just used one for a new installation and love it. Nicely made (all metal; the faceplate in the similar Hangrohe unit is chrome-plated plastic), and the central large lever or knob keeps the consistant temperature you set it at. It's actually labelled in elegant imbossed degrees F, so you can set and forget it once you find your fave temp. The lower and upper smaller knobs turn 90 degrees to the side and are volume controls for two outlets - usually the tub spout for the lower control and the showerhead for the upper. However it could also be two showerheads or something else. The two outlets can be turned on or off seperately or together. My tub spout will have a diverter for a handshower, so it can be used at the same time as the wallmount showerhead, with adjustable water volume between the two.. High rate of water flow compared to some other brands. Highly recommended.

Here is a link that might be useful: California Faucets rectangular Thermostatic Trims

• miriamb34
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you lee676.

• tabbycat
    10 years ago

I needed raw brass (living) finish for a project done in 2005 - (beachfront highly corrosive environment) and chose California Faucets for all of the bath fixtures. Eight years later, no problems at all and the finish is aging beautifully.

My only complaint is that they don't make kitchen fixtures! My much more pricey Rohl in the kitchen looks awful in comparison.

• miriamb34
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone. Sounds like you've all been extremely happy with their products.

• axxis_rose
    10 years ago

Very high quality, and the customer service is excellent. The person who answers the phone (usually without a wait) is the person who will help you.

• aptosca
    7 years ago

For what it's worth, I'm looking at fixtures now so found this thread about CA Faucets. They do do kitchen now (not sure when they started).

• SW Sink
    6 years ago

We've had them a few months now in two older bathrooms (1950's pink tile with custom furniture vanities) and we were able to pick a style that went well with the home and valves for the shower/tub that fit exactly where the original valves were cut in. No destroying of the original tile which was our goal. They work beautifully and the quality is better than most of the high end brands out there. Phyrich is the other brand that I looked at which I think compares to California Faucets. But the ability to mix and max the handles and finishes on CalFaucets is what really sold us on the brand. Plan your lead time! These don't come fast.

• 1maxwiggins
    last month

I'm planning to redo my main bathroom. I'm researching California Faucets and would like to know if anyone has installed their products and how they are performing as well as how the finishes are holding up. I'm particularly interested in the Libretto series. The reviews here are very old and would like an update or new reviews/experiences with this company. I also looked into Crosswater and found unfavorable reviews which have caused me to now look at Cal faucets. Thank you

• aptosca
    last month

We've had cal faucets for six years. Polished nickel. Very happy with them and I'd say we're pretty picky. Appreciate the solid brass; really don't like plastic. (Though I admit me we got the handshower elsewhere and are glad: the brass would be too heavy when washing the pup.)

• PRO
    HALLETT & Co.
    last month

I use California Faucets for my clients and my personal home. Have never had a callback.