Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Larger tub/shower surround

Posted by kellithee (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 1, 13 at 15:25

We are on a budget but I'm having a hard time finding a larger sized tub/shower combo for our master bathroom. Basically I'm just looking for a tad deeper tub compared to most basic tub/shower combos. Right now the plumber just put the AKER 60 CM in his bid. Or does anyone have different ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Larger tub/shower surround

We purchased this Sterling Tub Shower Surround;
http://www.sterlingplumbing.com/baths-and-showers/bathtub-showers/product-list?filter%5BWALL_TYPE%5D=Curve&filter%5BBRAND_NAME%5D=Ensemble

It is made of Vekrell. Which is supposed to be better than Fiberglass and Gel Coat tubs, but just under the quality of a fully acrylic tub. We did not want anything with a Gelcoat, and would have purchased a full acrylic tub, but wanted the three piece Tub/ Shower Surround for ease of cleaning. Ours isn't installed yet, but we've "unpackaged" it, and it looks fabulous. The apron on ours is 20 inches, and considered a soaker tub...I can't wait!

o

Check out this website http://thevanitydepot.com/
I brought some bathroom products from here. Good quality but affordable price.

Here is a link that might be useful: The vanity Depot

o

Thanks for the advice. Went to a showroom this past weekend and got to actually sit in the sterling tub and wow I'm impressed! I couldn't believe how deep it was! Even my husband was loving it. Can't wait to have it in our house.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here