Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
may_flowers

Is a 19" x 12" sink adequate? (Ladena and other sinks)

Gracie
9 years ago

The 19" x 12" Kohler Ladena sounded like a generous sink to me until I saw it installed at the fabricators. I love the sink, but it seemed like you'd do a lot of splashing while washing your face. The fabricator prefers to do a slight overhang, so we'd lose an inch or less.

Now I'm thinking of getting the 21" x 14" sink, but will it look huge? It's a 60" vanity, and the larger sink would require we use a 24" deep sink base, bumped out from the 21" deep side cabinets. Since it's the only sink in the MBR, we probably don't want to skimp. On Houzz they show little oval sinks in many of their vanities.

Comments (12)

• Gracie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, lori, from another one in the NW! I'd love to see a photo of your larger sink. Did you use a 24" vanity or sink base for your larger Ladena? I don't splash my face either, but some future splasher may live in this house.

• LE
    9 years ago

I'll measure tonight. There's a picture on our cabinetmaker's site. Go to Gallery II, third row down. I couldn't seem to link to it directly.

Here is a link that might be useful: Larger Ladena

• LE
    9 years ago

oops, sorry, Gallery 1

• Gracie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I don't see it in the galleries. Beautiful work though!

• jackson2348
    9 years ago

I have the Ladenas. Larger one in a 56" vanity.

• jackson2348
    9 years ago

Smaller ladena in a 42" vanity.

• LE
    9 years ago

Sorry, mayflowers! I think the gallery images move around-- at first, I thought it was just me, not being able to find anything in the same place twice! But if you see a bathroom sink there, mine is the only one...

It is the larger one and I just measured the vanity, it's 60." The cabs are custom and I measure the sink cab at 25 inches.

• Gracie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, guys. I'm pretty sure we'll use the larger sink in a bumped-out sink base. I wasn't planning on bumping out the sink base until the sink size dilemma came up, but I do like the look of it.

• likewhatyoudo
    9 years ago

Jackson - beautiful bathrooms! thanks for posting the pictures. I would love to see the rest of your bathrooms and details.

Mayflowers - What did you decide? I hadn't considered sink size. Good to see the difference. I hope others chime in and post pictures of different sink sizes. I do want the rectangular sinks also.

• Gracie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Last year we replaced a 36" vanity and planned on getting the 15" Kohler Caxton sink, which is oval. The salesperson at the showroom was adamant that we needed the 17". She was right, so now I want to make sure we size the sink right, especially since it's the only sink in a MBR. We're still considering the oval as the bump out leaves an angular front, so DH thinks an oval might look better. He's a photographer so he notices things like shapes. It didn't even occur to me.

• leela4
    9 years ago

We have the smaller ladena sinks in our recently remodeled master bath. Our situation is a little different than you are talking about as it is a double vanity. The sink bases are 36'' and I was worried that the smaller sinks would look too dinky. But since we also have a vanity tower it seems to balance out and be proportionate:

Also-no splashing problems.