Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
enduring

Advise wanted please on durable tub options

enduring
12 years ago

I am looking for a 5' or 5.5' apron alcove tub. I just want a tub (no jets). I could get a cast iron tub or, I have been looking at the American Standard Princeton bathtub on line. How has this Princeton model worked out for people? I see that it is made of some lighter material than cast iron. I could get a cast iron one as well. It does not need to be fancy. I am not interested in acrylic.

I currently have a cast iron tub in my 1940's dated bathroom. I live on a working farm and I want something durable to replace this strong old tub.

This bathroom is off of my kitchen and near our back door and is used hard by my family. There needs to be some aesthetics to the room. My new tub needs to function as a light utility area sometimes, such as dog baths, filling chore buckets, cleaning large items, etc. The tub wont be abused but does need to be very durable. I had thought about taking it out all together and putting in a utility sink. But, because this is a multi-generational house I anticipate the next generation using the tub to bathe cute dirty kids just as the old tub has for several generations. My adult children have fond memories of taking baths in this tub.

Comments (8)