Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lee676

What's the shortest elongated bowl toilet? (front to back)

lee676
11 years ago

I'm trying to fit one in a small space. The shortest I've found is 26-7/8" deep for this Gerber Viper 1.28gpf, which is also comfort height (which I want) and under $300. Don't know how good it is though. What else is out there that's under 27-1/2" deep? (I know of wall-mounted commodes like those from Toto and Geberit that are much less than that of course, but I'm trying to keep costs down). There's ample space for a wide tank so that dimension isn't crucial.

Thanks

Comments (9)

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Well, I know there aree space maker options, I can't remember how long they are but I seem to recall they were maybe 2-3 inches shorter. Will try to link one if I can refined them.

• msbrandywinevalley
    11 years ago

I'm in the throes of remodeling three bathrooms, including one very small powder room, and I'm also in search of a short (back-to-front) toilet. I think I've narrowed my choices to two: the Kohler Santa Rosa Compact Elongated Toilet (K-3323) and the Toto Eco Promenade (CST423EFG). The Toto has a round bowl, but it's only 26 1/8". They're both a bit more than the $300 you're wanting to spend.

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Kohler Rialto at 25 1/4! More than $300, but in case anyone comes to this thread via search might be useful. Ok, now returning to my own search already in progress...

• lee676
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The Kohler Rialto is a small/round-bowl commode - they're always a few inches shorter by nature, but that's not what I was looking for. Can't find that Santa Rosa model, but I looked at them - the K-3810 "comfort height" version is 28-1/4" from the wall and uses their "class 5" flushing which I don't find cleans the bowl well, and a K-3323 lower-height model that' 28-3/8" from the wall but uses their "Ingenium" flush which I like (not the most clog-resistant out there, but cleans the bowl very well). I'd like the Gerber Avalanche one-piece compact-elongated (26-3/4" from wall) which is the shortest elongated 12" rough-in toilet I've found and has an excellent rep, but I found this particular model to be too high for comfort (17" without seat) - my heels barely reach the ground, so I went with the 16-3/8"h Viper (their mid-range model) instead that's only 1/8" longer and is a less attractive 2-piece, and not much less expensive given the Avalanche includes a seat but the Viper doesn't. Other Avalanche models a more-ideal (for my height) 16-1/2" tall.

10" rough-ins often save space - there's an American Standard Colony Rightfit that's a mere 26-1/2" from the wall - the shortest elongated-bowl toilet I've found that isn't a wall-mount - though that's their low-end toilet and have no idea how well it works - haven't seen many comments online. Some of their Cadet 3 10" R/I models are quite short too.

• axxis_rose
    11 years ago

I just installed the American Standard compact elongated one-piece toilet. I'm not sure of the dimensions but it's comfort height and works really, really, well. Photo below.

• Mags438
    10 years ago

Thanks for the review. I'll definitely look at it.

• atschuetz
    8 years ago

I am also in need of a compact elongated toilet that is affordable ($300 or less ideally), and it seems like the Gerber Viper that was mentioned in this post is worth checking out.

The problem I'm having is that I want a pedestal sink that goes right across from it in my very small powder room (they face each other) and the best I was able to find was the Barclay Washington 550 pedestal sink. It's only 16.5" deep, which is perfect for the space I have.

Now then, does anyone know if the Barclay "white" matches well with the Gerber "white"?

• onenose
    7 years ago

I want to get this small toilet for our tiny bathroom:
    Galba 25 inch toilet.