Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
numbersjunkie

Wall Mounted Faucets & counter depth

numbersjunkie
9 years ago

On to the next decision. I was thinking I wanted wall mounted faucets to help keep the counter area easy to clean and because I think they look cool. I do realize that they are pricey. However, I do not like vessel sinks, and planned on undermount sinks. Now I'm looking at faucets and it seems like the reach of these faucets will require the sink to be mounted closer to the backsplash with a larger than normal area of counter in front of the sink. I have looked at pictures on Houzz and most did show the sink was setback further than normal.

This larger than normal setback seems like ii would be awkward for the user - meaning your would have to bend over farther. An option might be to make the vanity shallower. I was planning on 21" but thinking that 19" might actually work better. The loss of counter space shouyld not be an issue since I want to keep the counter clear anyway. And it would give me a little extra floor space which is kind of tight in that direction anyway. But the vanity will be 87" long so I have concerns about whether the 19" depth would look funny.

WWYD?

Comments (7)