Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teddychicago

American Standard faucets?

teddychicago
15 years ago

What is the general opinion of this brand for bath faucets?

I have heard mixed reviews on Kohler brand bath faucets and not too much on American Standard.

The styles I am looking at are the

One collection http://www.americanstandard-us.com/Products/products.aspx?area=bath&col=76&cat=20,7,11,12,2,8,4,6,3,1

Standard collection http://www.americanstandard-us.com/Products/productDetail.aspx?area=bath&cat=11&col=&prodID=1424.

Moments collection http://www.americanstandard-us.com/products/products.aspx?area=bath&col=75&cat=20,7,11,12,2,8,4,6,3,1

Also, any opinions on the shower fixtures by American Standard?

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: American Standard

Comments (6)

• faucetman886
    15 years ago

I too have heard very little about American Standard faucets although they have been a stalwart in the toilet and tub market for years. I did a quick google search to see what I could find and immediatlely found a "ripoff" report from a disgruntled American Standard faucet user and a "consumer" reports article citing several brands of faucets and grading them from 1 to 5 with 5 being the highest. Kohler and Grohe both received 5 many others in the 3 and 4 range and no listing for American Standard. I too would like to hear what actual users have to say
    so we all would know where they stand.
    Richard

• Jeannine
    15 years ago

What's the problem with Kohler? I've already bought a sink and am very close to buying a toilet, faucets, and supplies by them.

• teddychicago
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I don't think there is a problem with Kohler. My friend raves about her new Kohler tub and toilets. Her plumber steered her away from Kohler faucets. I had just heard they are really good at marketing.

I just wanted to know if anyone here had American Standard faucets. Doesn't seem like there are too many though! Maybe they are the ones in need of better marketing!!

• IRCH
    10 years ago

We just installed a new American standard Copeland shower set 4 days ago - was cleaning the tile on the wall and bumped the bathtub spout - the knob on the top of the spout sheared off (metal? & plastic) and various pieces of plastic followed from the same place - I have never seen anything like that. Wondering now if we should install any other American Standard faucets/showersets or go with Kohler or Grohe? Any ideas?

• Emily
    10 years ago

We just installed 2 American standard faucets for our master bath reno. I originally looked at kohler but the one I was interested in was so expensive. When I found the American standard faucet called the Berwick, I was so happy. It was the look I wanted, (a modern cross handle) and half the price of the Kohler. The saleswoman at the bath showroom said that American Standard uses all the same ceramic disc valves that Kohler does but they don't spend a lot of money on advertising so their prices are lower. I was thrilled to save some money somewhere in my reno.