Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
handheld shower faucet

Posted by kcts (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 6, 12 at 13:57

I am remodeling the shower room. I do from the gut. I am choosing the stand-alone shower faucet, but it is hard to choose. I just want to use the handheld shower. For example, if i want to buy this item: http://www.dealyard.com/p-2401-hansgrohe-06364005-prisma-hand-shower-set-polished-chrome.aspx,does this fit to any shower faucet?
I think I also need to buy valve, valve trim, so is it ok to buy like this item:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003L16G2G/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=hi
and
http://www.amazon.com/Faucet-R10000-UNBX-MultiChoice-Universal-Shower/dp/B001AI1VMW/ref=pd_cp_hi_0
and change the head to handheld shower head?
Or could you recommend some good handheld shower and valve trim combination? I just want a decent, good quality one.
Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: handheld shower faucet

The handheld that you linked to (Hansgrohe 06364005) can be used with any shower supply valve. It appears that it comes with the wall outlet, the bar, the slide bracket, the hose, and the head itself.

You can indeed use that with any valve.

The valve body that you linked to (Delta R10000-UNBX MultiChoice Universal Tub and Shower Valve Body) has the typical hot and cold water inlets, plus an outlet to fill the tub and an outlet to supply the shower head.

The valve trim kit that you linked to has the trim for the valve, which you'll need. It has a shower arm, the escutcheon plate for the shower arm, and shower head, you won't need any of those. But it does not have a tub filler spout, but from your post it doesn't seem you'll want one.

For use without a tub filler spout, you'll want a threaded 1/2" cap to cap the tub outlet port on the bottom of the valve.

If you're using copper and soldering things together, you'll want a 1/2" female threaded-to-soldered copper fitting to thread in to the valve's top outlet port, something like this:

Your run of 1/2" copper tubing will be soldered to that fitting and run up the wall where it'll be soldered to a 90-degree drop ear fitting like this:

Into the threaded end of the drop ear you'll thread a threaded nipple. The length of the nipple depends on the thickness of your wall, how deep in the wall the drop ear fitting is set, etc. I have a collection of nipples from 1" to 3" long. If you buy extra lengths, you can return the ones you don't use.

So one end of the nipple gets threaded into the drop ear fitting inside the wall, the other threaded end should stick out into the shower about a half an inch (or as needed) and your handheld's wall outlet gets threaded on to that.

o
RE: handheld shower faucet

Thank you so much, Mongoct! You are so helpful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here