Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
paint color that works with my tile

Posted by lalitha (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 5, 12 at 13:49

Please help me find a paint color that works with my tile. The hall bath is about 6ft wide and 10ft long and has 9ft ceilings. There is a skylight for natural light. We used Calcutta look alike porcelan for the floor with the shower area in smaller mosaic. The walls are matte white subways in larger format. The star of the show if the lovely tile from Jeff court we used in a panel in the back and on the wainscoting along the side. So the only bit of wall to paint of the wall above wainscoting and the ceiling itself. We are used BM select matte in other areas and Farrow & Ball in modern emulsion in the other baths. I was thinking some kind of yellow or a pale gray maybe? The hallway outside is panted in BM Barley. The vanity is dark and the door is also dark stained redwood.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: paint color that works with my tile

Yellow! I love that tile, and would use yellow walls to enhance it even more. I don't have a name in mind, but I envision something mustardy. However, a soft gray would be a less exuberant choice, and you may want that in a bath. It depends on your style, but I'd love an excuse to use yellow.

o

Ellen Kennon's Mustard Seed.

o

I am worried about yellow as the hallway outside is painted BM barley.. Another yellow. Wouldn't it be too much?

o

lalitha..what brand of tile is that? particularly the larger floor tile? Also can you see the printing process on it? Can you post a close up pic? Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here