Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ecnyx

Side splash or not? Opinions please...

ecnyx
11 years ago

Hi All,

I have been wrestling with "to side splash or not" for several days now and really just wanted to hear advice from others. I don't feel I have a good eye for these things...

I have attached a picture of my current vanity.

The mosaic tile I will use is this:

http://sell.bizrice.com/selling-leads/1245404/Art-Mosaic-Tile-Crystal-Glass-Mosaic-Wall-Tile-ELY-1006.html

I have narrowed it down to 3 options:

1. 7.5 inch backsplash only (no side splash). I picked 7.5 inches because that height just clears the top of the faucet.

2. ~5 inch backsplash and side splash.

3. ~11 inch backsplash and side splash.

Due to location of outlet on the side wall I can either tile up to outlet or completely cover outlet.

If I don't do a side splash, I will have to use caulking to seal the gap on the side wall.

Please, suggestions are appreciated. I have a feeling that it probably doesn't matter too much either or, but just wanted some opinions. In the beginning, I was deadset on having the backsplash clear the height of the faucet (option 1), because I think it looks wierd if the height of the backsplash is lower than the top of the faucet. I then started thinking about a side splash but the outlet gets in the way. If I go option 2, I was thinking to get a wide frame mirror so that the bottom of the mirror is still above the faucet.

This is driving me nuts!! Help please! Pictures would be great too!

Thank you!

-E

Comments (6)