Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sapphire6917

What's in your drawers?

sapphire6917
10 years ago

Hi Everyone!

I am in what I hope to be the final stage of my master bathroom creation and I think I may have gone overboard with the storage. The vanity is a converted desk with four drawers and a flip down, I have two medine cabinets flanking the mirror, there's a built in cabinet on the other side of that wall and, in addition to a few wall shelves, I will have a hall closet specifically designated for the master. As I started to think about what would go where, I realized I may have more storage than stuff! I went online to see what kinds of things people are keeping in their vanities so I figured I'd ask the folks here what they store in their drawers. Pictures would also be helpful!

Thanks!

Comments (9)

• divotdiva2
    10 years ago

there is no such thing as too much storage, IMHO.

• sapphire6917
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That's what I was thinking but I'm looking at my vanity drawers and my medicine cabinets and between the two, there's going to be some emptiness. I'm a reformed product junkie so I don't have nearly as much stuff as I used to. I was just looking for pictures of vanity drawers to see what kind of things people stored there versus in a closet. I guess if I ever get married, there'll be plenty of extra room for his stuff!

• enduring
    10 years ago

This bathroom is not the main bathroom for the family baths. It is a guest bath. these pictures are taken before I really used the room much. Some of the things in the last picture are not working well for me. I have the need for a better first aid setup and have not got that resolved. After I get the main bathroom finished I will return to this bathroom and organize the last pictured cabinet better, but for now its ok.

Our upper pullout (thats pulled all the way out). Good place to keep meds and vitamins for us. The lower shelving is where I keep all the handtowels (top shelf) lowest shelf I have a felt basket that I got at Target last year that is my laundry basket. LOVE it. Doesn't scratch the shelf when I pull it out, and is breathable.

Cabinet by the toilet. good place for TP and personal hygiene products on the top shelf. On the bottom shelf, towels and wash cloths.

These little drawers have little cup dividers that I bought at Lowes. They hold things like dental floss, sunscreen, chapstick, hair brush and combs. Bottom is my drawer and I put could put a bit of makeup in there if I wanted.

Last, this cabinet I painted. It can hold a bunch of stuff. I love that it is shallow. My room isn't real big and this fits so nicely.
    http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m623/enduringdesign/Bathroom%20Remodel%202011-13/Bathroom%20Reveal%20East%202013/IMG_3918_zpsc7cdc3dd.jpg

• lee676
    10 years ago

OMG that sink, love it.

• sapphire6917
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, enduring, for the pictures! You also reminded me that I didn't include first aid items so that will take up some of the space. I have been waiting to decide what I will store where before I purchased any organization products but you've given me some good ideas!

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

You will find that the inevitable "creep" of "stuff" will occur over time. I started out trying to keep my drawer/vanity storage as "spare" as possible--loved how it looked, neat, fairly empty, with few items cluttering it up. However, real life; necessary objects that need storing, product samples (that I rotate in as others are used up)--all contribute to filling up the space. Better to have too much storage space, than too little! :)

• sapphire6917
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You might be right, cat_mom! As I was looking through some of the pictures online, I've seen a couple of things that will wind up in my vanity drawers that I didn't initially think about. Hopefully, I won't get so much creep that I have to expand my storage!!

• enduring
    10 years ago

Sapphire69, I am glad I could be of help. My storage will be needing an update once my main bathroom is done.

Hey Lee676, I made that sink and backsplash out of soft remnant soapstone. The counters I fabricated too. I had my cabinet maker make the great vanity to my concept design. Thanks for the complement :)

This post was edited by enduring on Wed, Nov 6, 13 at 19:19

• lee676
    10 years ago

You're more than welcome!

Wow, even more impressed now that I know it was a DIY project. I've done all sorts of hacks trying to get things the way I want in the kitchen or bath, but it never even occurred to me to fabricate my own sink....