Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
toilet installation needed materials

Posted by kcts (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 23, 12 at 13:05

Hello. I bought TOTO Drake toilet on the web. It does not include all the necessary parts. According to the instruction, FLEXIBLE SUPPLY TUBE/CONNECTOR,MOUNTING BOLTS AND NUTS, SUPPLY STOP VALVE AND WAX RING/SEAL are required for the installation. Are those items easily available? Does the constructor always have those item? Do I need to buy them? My constructor is on the trip, so I cannot ask him. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: toilet installation needed materials

Just go to any local big box and the parts are readily available. However, if you are paying for an install, you do need to ask your contractor what parts he will be supplying. All together you might be talking $15 for all of that, if you replace the stop valves. And you may not have to replace the stop valves if you've actually "given them some exercise" a couple of times a year and used them to turn the water off and on. When they aren't used, they get frozen and cranky about turning and then can spring a leak.

o

Hello kcts

The easy way is that you can ask another contractor which material you need or shop where you purchase Drake toilet. They are guide you. Nowadays all materials readily available as per asked by GreenDesigns.
Installation knowledge is important then material requirement. Like ensure that the plumbing falls within the Toto Toilet's requirements as outlined by the manufacturer for example it needs to be 12 inches away from the wall.

o

Thank you for your advice, GreenDesigns and estsidelawnsevic 123 !

o

Here's the first hit when I googled "Home Depot toilet installation Kit":

I'd venture that the real wax ring that comes in the kit doesn't have a chunk taken out of it like the one in the photo. But then again...it is Home Depot.

This post was edited by mongoct on Tue, Nov 27, 12 at 18:54

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here