Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Great shower heads

Posted by Rachel.G (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 13, 13 at 12:56

Hi,
I am remodeling my bathroom and would like to put in a good showerhead (the rest of the system can be mediocre). Good is defined as comfortable as a rainshower experience as possible, without compromising on power since we won't have a hand shower. I want something that will last, not clog in a year or require maintenance. The upper limit I want to spend is $400 (for just the showerhead, again the rest of the system can be any old brand). On some other threads, I've seen people are pretty happy with Hansgrohe heads, but 1) I'm not sure which one to get 2) I'm nervous that they are high maintenance if you don't want them to clog and 3) I'm not sure they have the power I need. Anyone have suggestions for specific showerheads you've been really happy with? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Great shower heads

I have heard people say that for a proper rainshower experience the head needs to be very large, like over 10" I think (memory maybe off). I don't know if the Hansgrohe will have one under $400 in that size. Have you checked their web site? Of course you will be able to buy a product cheaper than the full retail price they post. Grohe might be an option too. I will link a website that had information on faucets that might help. They rate all sorts of faucets and give details about brands. It might help you look at the shower options in differing brands. Take a look at the tab at the top of the article for other options, such as the shower tab. Hope this helps. I don't work for them, but I find this website so informative.

Here is a link that might be useful: star Craft article on faucets.

o

I want something that will last, not clog in a year or require maintenance.
Clogging can be caused by hard water. If you have hard water, you will need to address that situation first before you can expect to have no issues with the shower head.

o

Hansgrohe are great shower heads , I have included the link for one of them , the axor Carlton 10 inch, on amazon for $299.99 .They have the raindance 10 inch one too for $263.96 . See which one you like best . Good luck

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TFDA26/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A25K1L8B8B64B4

o

power and rainshower heads are not really something taht go together.

perhaps you should look at stormshower heads ?

Seriously, clogging is an effect of poor water conditions, not the showerhead. That said, the HG models that have the rubber nubs are much easier to maintain than those without them. But, are still no cure all for poor water quality, or a substitute for cleaning deposits from them.

I think you might want to re think your goals, as a powerful water blast is not really the purpose of a rainshower.

o

highpressureshowerheads.com
We are very happy with the Large Ultimate model. Kinda small but delivers a great shower. Easy to remove restrictor but actually was too powerful so we found a washer with slightly bigger hole than restrictor. They have many models to choose from including a rain shower type. Only in service for a month so nothing to report on longevity.

o

Thanks for all the advice! I ended up just calling a bathroom store and asking which one to get :) They suggested http://www.faucetdepot.com/prod/Grohe-28.375.000-Rain-Shower-Retro-Shower-Head---Chrome-15156.asp. I'll follow up once I try it out.

o

i really like our cifial thunderstorm shower head... has a nice strong spray.

o

busybee3, I love the name of your showerhead "thunderstorm". I will have to look that up.

o

A 300mm sized (12' roughly) I think would be a good size to get a good rainshower experience, something like this maybe (I've posted the link below)

Here is a link that might be useful: Round 300mm Fixed Head & Ceiling Arm

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here