Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this what subway tile is supposed to look like?

Posted by threeapples (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 5, 12 at 12:44

I'm referring to the non-rounded edges on the tiles that are used on the outer perimeter. I hope I'm making sense, but I'm interested in hearing whether these sharp corners are normal for this kind of thing. To me they kind of stand out and will do so more clearly when a gray grout is installed. Any thoughts?

Uploaded with Snapbucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this what subway tile is supposed to look like?

Does AO make a bullnose tile in that size that could have been used instead? If not, then the sharp edge is because your tiler had to cut them. If he had to cut them, then there is no way to round the edges due to the glazing.

o

I think mine looked like that where they were cut (as deke said). When grouted, the sharpness is diminished; I don't find it noticeable at all.

o

It's pretty typical to have cut tiles in this type of installation. They don't make a bullnose in 3x3 in most subway tile lines.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here