Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Remodeling Bathroom-are almond fixtures dated?

Posted by genab55 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 23, 10 at 12:33

I'm remodeling the guest bathroom and thinking about changing all fixtures to almond color. I love the color but wondering if it's still in style or will it look dated? Any thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Remodeling Bathroom-are almond fixtures dated?

I think you need to ask yourself a couple of questions, to answer your question. Do you like the color? Yes, then go for it. Will you be selling the home soon? If so, I'd say no, as others may see it as dated.
But, if you plan on staying in the house for a while, then go for it. You have to live in it, you should like what you see.
I am installing brass fixtures in my basement bath- brass was common to the era of my home. Some think it's out of style, but it works for me and my home's style. I started buying fixtures 3 years ago, and won't be installing them until next year, and guess what- brass is coming back into favor again! Who knows, almond may come back in style too.

o

Thanks for the help. I do love the almond color...everything in my house if off whites and golds as opposed to white and silver. I have thought about doing the biscuit color since its kind of in the middle of the two...but I just love the almond. I guess I'll make one more trip to Lowes and try to decide. Thanks.

o

Exactly what oldhousegal said. If you love them and are not concerned about selling, then get what you want. If you are concerned about selling, know that potential buyers may expect the price to reflect "outdated" fixtures when they are in fact new.

o

It depends what you put with them. If the decor works with the almond, then why not?
People are putting in acres of tumbled stone and in a few years, it will be obvious when those were done.
You may be early for an almond revival.

o

I recently re-did 2 bathrooms and put in all white toilet/sink/etc... to my mind, color fixtures might be (this minute ) seen as outdated, but I would think that almond and white are pretty similar in being neutral and timeless. While I prefer white, I think that almond is equally easy enough to work with and it would not turn me off the way a blue/pink/brown toilet would (key word being this minute)..

o

I don't know if you'd be able to find the styles you want in almond, or would you need to special order and pay more.

I agree, if your house has more beiges and golds, the almond would probably look nice.

o

Thanks for the help! I've decided to compromise and go with Biscuit. I'll let you know how it turns out!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here