Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with my boring bathroom layout

Posted by Flot2 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 19, 11 at 12:27

I've got a 6' x 13' Master bath, but am stuck on layout... I admit, my plumbing is mostly done - any creative suggestions on how I can make better use of the space than this? (that's a 42" wide shower at the end)

My incoming hot and cold water are at the top of the page (sink wall), and I'm thinking of putting a bench in the shower on the bottom side. Unfortunately with the shape of the bath, I feel like I really don't have much choice in what I do. And it's just narrow enough that I really can't have things "facing" each other.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with my boring bathroom layout

I don't think yor layout is boring at all. You've changed up the standard bathroom design and created a modicum of privacy for the toilet from the door. Are you sure you're not just having those last minute misgivings? My recomendation is to take a few deep breaths, maybe have a glass of wine or sit down with a good book for a little while, & redirect your thoughts to fixture, floor, paint &/or accessory selection to complete your look!

o

I agree with mydream home. The layout looks fine, the shower is going to be luxuriously large and the room looks spacious. I'd concentrate on "shaking it up" if that's what you want, with your fixtures and finishes. You have room for some beautiful cabinets, maybe floor to ceiling, narrow depth to the right of the sinks. That could really make the space special. Maybe like one of these, or even a pretty furniture piece like a breakfront for linen storage.

Shafer Residence mediterranean bathroom

M.J. Whelan Construction traditional bathroom

Case Design/Remodeling, Inc. modern bathroom

Vollinger residence contemporary bathroom

o

I think you've made excellent use of the space! What style are you looking to achieve, meaning contemporary, traditional, vintage?

o

Sorry for abandoning my own thread, been busy wrapping up my other bath.

I didn't mean to imply quite so much distress - I like the layout overall, just need some tips to add interest. I feel like I have reasonable sources for tile, stone, glass - but this cabinetry stuff has me a bit stuck. (I used Ikea for my kitchen and love it, but not sure I'd use the same in the bath - although with a custom counter it could work.

I was thinking of perhaps bumping out the shower wall a bit to add interest and put more room if or plumbing. Also thinking of a tile accent behind the vanity, but again getting tripped up as to where I want mirror vs tile vs cabinet space... Tricky tricky.

Oly, your modern bath above is very much the look I'm going for.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here