Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lotteryticket

Anyone know of a similar tile for shower walls?

lotteryticket
10 years ago

After scouring the internet and many visits to tile stores I finally found on that I love. But it is not suitable for wet areas.

Has anyone seen anything similar? I love the subtle India style of this.

Comments (13)

• Olychick
    10 years ago

Have you looked at Ann Sacks tile? The website is abysmal, but if you google her mosaic tiles in google images (and look at her other stuff, too) you may see something. This is my all time fave...if I could have afforded it, I would have done this somewhere. I think they will custom color/design their tiles ($$$$).

Here is a link that might be useful: Ann Sacks tiles

• lotteryticket
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Olychick, That is gorgeous. I agree the Ann Sacks website doesn't do justice to how nice those tiles are. Thank you for posting this. I'll take a look at those.

• M_N_A
    10 years ago

some from porcelanosa

• lotteryticket
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I really like that 2nd one. I am on the hunt! Thank you both so much. I really would have to have a winning lottery ticket to afford some of these. I hope the Porcelanosa is a little easier on the wallet.

• M_N_A
    10 years ago

that's deco silk. there are some other designs too. they will run a 40% off nov 27-dec4!

• lotteryticket
    Original Author
    10 years ago

M_N_A - that is great news. I found a tile store about 30 miles away that carries it and they are even open on Saturday. That is almost unheard of around here. Most tile, flooring and paint stores around here are closed on weekends.
    Thank you!

• enduring
    10 years ago

This is great news, about the sale and the availability. Are you thinking about the light gray print type paisley tile, just below the beautiful green mosaic that Olychick posted? It would be the 2nd in the series that M-N-A posted. I think that is very pretty.

• lotteryticket
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Enduring,
    Yes. it is the light gray paisley looking one. I hope DH doesn't think it's too girly!

• vpierce
    10 years ago

I was thinking of one similar to the tapestry ones for my shower, but eventually decided against it because of the texture (the one I was looking at had a fabric-type texture). I just wasn't sure how easy it would be to squeegee/wipe down after showering.

• gyr_falcon
    10 years ago

I love the original photo, and olychicks is stunning. So I checked on the Ann Sacks site and discovered that there is a showroom only 10-15 minutes away from where I live. How crazy lucky is that? I'm sure we won't be able to afford them, but I can look anyway...

• lotteryticket
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I was able to get to the tile store and the first tile I posted above can be made with different materials that will make it appropriate for a shower. The original one has antique mirrors in the leaves and that's why it's not suitable. I think I might get it with mother of pearl in place of the mirrors. I plan to only use it on one wall and as a backsplash trim around the tub so although it's pricey it won't break the bank. I hope.

• enduring
    10 years ago

Can you get just plain glass tiles in the leaves to keep that transparency that I bet was part of the charm for you? I think glass tiles should work in the shower, I've seen it done.

• lotteryticket
    Original Author
    10 years ago

@Enduring - I am going back when it's less busy at the tile store to see if that's possible. I like the mother of pearl but it's not quite as jaw dropping as the mirror so glass might do the trick. Thank you so much for the suggestion!