Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
violetwest

What do you have in your water closet?

violetwest
9 years ago

Besides the toilet, obviously. Magazine rack? Open shelves? Cabinets? artwork?

I'm getting ready to "do something" to my plain WC, and am interested to know what works and what doesn't.

I definitely need some kind of magazine rack, because I'm tired of that stuff on the floor! I also have a small stool, which is mostly used for placing things on. Maybe a pull down shelf would work better?

This post was edited by Violet.West on Thu, Nov 6, 14 at 12:26

Comments (10)

• jewelisfabulous
    9 years ago

All I have in my WC currently is a chrome holder for extra toilet paper rolls.

No magazines/books (growing up I was told that reading on the pot leads to constipation -- I guess the distraction is the culprit; we were supposed to "concentrate" on the reason why we are sitting there instead of reading). I once decided to buy stack of Reader's Digest at a garage sale. The seller made me drop the whole bunch back on the table when he casually mentioned that he had really enjoyed those magazines when he was in the toilet. Ewww.

Anyway, I'd love a chrome canister that would hold a plunger, but the only ones I can find hold a cleaning brush. I have no art above the toilet, but that's on the list, too.

This post was edited by Jewel654 on Thu, Nov 6, 14 at 17:49

• violetwest
    Original Author
    9 years ago

yes, that would be extremely useful!

my "reading material" is magazines and catalogs that I discard after reading. No Sienfield-style toilet books!

• Karenseb
    9 years ago

Toilet brush with holder
    Scale (needs battery)
    Toilet paper storage rack
    Artwork over toilet

• violetwest
    Original Author
    9 years ago

well, that's . . . fairly boring! I'm definitely going to jazz mine up. Nobody sees it but me so there's the potential to make it really fun.

• Fori
    9 years ago

Plunger? :)

• jewelisfabulous
    9 years ago

Family of mostly males = plunger at the ready in every bathroom!

• terezosa / terriks
    9 years ago

sorry, I read it wrong

This post was edited by terriks on Thu, Nov 6, 14 at 23:43

• jrueter
    9 years ago

Just a basket that sets on the tank that holds extra TP. We do have a window above the toilet in ours with a pretty curtain, so it doesn't feel like it needs any artwork. I grew up in a house with 6 people and only ONE bathroom - no extra time for reading!

• emma
    9 years ago

I have two pictures from the 80s that I really like, blue and mauve colors. No appropriate wall space for them so I hung them over the master bathroom stool, one over the other.

What I read a couple of years ago is that it contributes to hemorrhoids and I believe that, but will still read the morning paper there. I call it the reading room.