Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Layout of 12 x 12 tiles on 30 inch wide shower area

Posted by pnadaroux (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 30, 11 at 11:47

I just bought some white marble tile from Home Depot ahead of our small (5 x 7) bathroom renovation. The back wall will be laid with 3 x 6 tiles (most likely staggered) and I got 12 x 12 square tiles for the 2 remaining walls and the floor. The two shorter walls in the tub area are 30 inches wide and the best layout I could think of was grid style using a 6 inch wide cut tile in the corner followed by two 12 inch wide tiles to the edge. I would use a white grout to blend in with the tile so the tile layout is less noticeable. Does this sound like it will look okay or can anyone suggest a better-looking idea with the tile I have? i got a great deal on the tile and would prefer to keep it, but not at the expense of it looking terrible. Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Layout of 12 x 12 tiles on 30 inch wide shower area

I had a similar scenario in a previous house and I ended up doing a 6" in the middle of 2 12" tiles. It just made it look symmetrical and gave it an interesting look.

o

Does this sound like it will look okay or can anyone suggest a better-looking idea with the tile I have?

12x12 in the middle, with 9" pieces on the inside and outside.

o

Rentaltux and Bill, thanks to both of you for your ideas! They are both great but I will go with the 9-12-9 inch design as it is closest to the look I am going for. Thanks again!!! I am so relieved to get this figured out!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here