Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lyfb

Shower floor tile selection

Lil B
11 years ago

It's been awhile since I've posted here. We built a custom home 2 years ago. We chose a pebble shower floor, and it has not worn well at all. Our builder is going to pay to replace it with something else. The walls are Country Beige polished marble (12x12) which is no longer available. The seat ledge is Rojo Alicante marble. I was contemplating Rojo Alicante for the floor tiles. I believe it may only come in polished 2x2 or 4x4. The tile layer says that 4x4 polished floor tiles are fine for shower floors. Isn't that too slippery?? AFter the poor wear of the pebble floor, I would like to have something with less grout lines. But I also don't want so little that it's a hazard. The 2x2 mosaic seems to come already placed with a smaller than normal grout line (guessing 1/8").

The country beige that matches the walls is not an option. There was a cream honed 2x2 mosaic, but that seemed so light. I love the Rojo Alicante color. But what does the forum think of polished vs honed vs tumbled? We don't have any tumbled in the entire bathroom, but at this point, I just want something that will give us longevity.