Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brendat_gw

Bathroom backsplash

brendat
10 years ago

Just need some opinions on whether this tile works or not with our countertop.

Thanks.

Comments (14)

• enduring
    10 years ago

It is really difficult to tell. If the counter has green in it, does the mosaic? The counter looks like it has a little green cast to it. Also are you repainting? I don't like the blue with the counter. Can you post another picture with just the counter and the mosaic, a close up?

• Gracie
    10 years ago

Agree that a close-up is needed to be sure. The photo is blurred, but in a way that helps with checking the undertones without focusing on details. The undertones seem to complement each other, as do the styles--both surfaces feel contemporary and masculine.

• verb0979
    10 years ago

I think it looks fine. Pick your grout carefully to really bring it together.

• busybee3
    10 years ago

i don't love it... i think there's too much of the light color and i don't like that color very much, esp with your wall color (i don't think i would choose it even if you changed your wall color tho)... i would try some different backsplash options...

• raehelen
    10 years ago

Whoooahh! Not sure if others have different colours showing on their monitors, but I think it goes really well! What is more natural than blue and green together anyways? LOL

A picture on that side wall that has all your colours in it would tie everything together nicely.

• brendat
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Try this picture as a close up.

• brendat
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And this one

• lillo
    10 years ago

If the counter is green and the paint is blue then in my opinion the mosaic should have these two colors in it to tie everything together .
    This picture doesn't really show the colors . Is your sink white or biscuit ? Is the mosaic white or beige ? If they are beige then you should change the white electric plug into beige too , it's too striking with the mosaic there next to it .

• lindalp
    10 years ago

I think the counter top and the wall paint go well together..they look cohesive. The tile is the problem...when you look at it as a whole, you see sink.... counter...tile. The tile color makes it look disjointed...it's the pink tones in the lightest color tile that is throwing everything off.

• brendat
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The countertop is called luna shadow by Wilsonart 3d laminate, which the color is a pewter/gray color. Wall color is nimbus gray which is a blue. The tile has a clear glass and frosted glass but no green in it.

• lillo
    10 years ago

What colour is your sink ? If it's white , Then why do you get the mosaic with beige tiles ? . You should get a mosaic with white tiles and greeish and blueish glass tile in it . I agree with lindalp that the pink or beigy tones in the little tiles are the problem .

• lillo
    10 years ago

Looking back at your pictures , in one of them the mosaic tile looks the same colour as your counter . I think the colours of the counter and tile show differently depending on the light and the angle the picture is taken from .
    If the mosaic tile is greyish like the counter , leave it alone .
    If the mosaic tile is beige then I think you need to change it to white or grey with blueish glass tile . Good luck .

• busybee3
    10 years ago

i am realizing now that you have your whole backsplash up and it's not a sample---- i would see if i could remove a good amount of the opaque light colored beige colored tiles- don't know if they're marble or ceramic- but there just looks like there's way too many of them- and replace them with the dark and/or glass tiles... if there were quite a bit fewer of the light colored long rectangles, it would look much better, imo.

• brendat
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. The tiles wereup but not pressed in so we took out the lighter colors and added more of the dark gray and some glass pieces.