Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tile vs. glass--what's easier to clean?

Posted by erikarochelle (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 12 at 10:18

Hi everyone,

We're in the process of a complete bathroom remodel--the whole thing is gutted and we're replacing a standard tub/shower combo with a walk-in 4x6' shower stall. We could either put in tiled walls on the two "outside" walls (the ones that are not against the exterior wall) or we could put in glass panels. I'm not wedded to either look--both would look fine in the room.

Since I'm the person who's most likely going to be scrubbing these walls, what I care about is how easy either option is to clean. Has anyone had any experience with both and has opinions on which is easier? I don't really want to squeegee every day, but I suppose I will if I have to.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tile vs. glass--what's easier to clean?

Depending on the tile you pick, water spots, soap and minderal residues are less obvious on tile than on glass - unless you get glass that has some pattern or is frosted, which kind of defeats the purpose.

o
RE: Tile vs. glass--what's easier to clean?

You're right, I wouldn't want patterned or frosted glass.

Sounds like my sister is right--she told me I'd hate myself if I put in glass. She has a glassed shower stall now, and hates to clean it--and she LOVES to clean, crazy woman.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here