Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mabeldingeldine_gw

faucet install for vessel sink

mabeldingeldine_gw
11 years ago

DH and I will be installing a vessel sink very similar to the one seen in the above photo, on a similar planks top. I like the idea of the faucet set off the the side as seen. We have a window above our sink, and this would keep the taller vessel faucet out of way of the window mechanism.

The planks are salvaged wide 1" thick hemlock or fir which I'll be coating multiple times with poly. We are using a Kraus faucet linked below. I'd love any feedback on Kraus as well, we've looked and looked for something not so modern and this was the only one we agreed on.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kraus faucet

Comments (4)

• phiwwy
    11 years ago

I have a vessel sink (round) and I have the faucet (very much like this one, but a Jado) off to the left side in the corner. Love it. Think about left vs right hand placement though.

• mydreamhome
    11 years ago

We have a round vessel sink with the offset faucet. To help with splash, wait to drill the hole for the faucet until you can set the sink on the counter and mock it up. Try to position the faucet spout so that the water falls just shy of the drain. You can also reduce the amount of water coming through the water supply valves so you have a lower volume of water flowing which will also reduce splash.

Like you, we didn't want a modern look. Delta makes their Victorian faucet in 2 different styles--a traditional and an open top. We went for the open top as it looked more "rustic" & went with the antique pewter finish to give it that aged look. Very happy with our choice. I've attached a couple pics below.

Hope this helps & good luck!

• mabeldingeldine_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Mydream, that was very helpful, thanks a bunch! Happy Thanksgiving!

• enduring
    11 years ago

Will there be enough room to wash the hands without getting water on the counter? Just looking at the inspiration picture I think I would get water all over. My sister has a regular sink and because of the faucet she gets a lot of splash onto the counter behind the faucet. The spout must be too short or too high or something. Can you go to a display shop with tape measure and take measurements of function?