Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
faucet install for vessel sink

Posted by mabeldingeldine (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 19, 12 at 9:38

DH and I will be installing a vessel sink very similar to the one seen in the above photo, on a similar planks top. I like the idea of the faucet set off the the side as seen. We have a window above our sink, and this would keep the taller vessel faucet out of way of the window mechanism.

The planks are salvaged wide 1" thick hemlock or fir which I'll be coating multiple times with poly. We are using a Kraus faucet linked below. I'd love any feedback on Kraus as well, we've looked and looked for something not so modern and this was the only one we agreed on.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kraus faucet

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: faucet install for vessel sink

I have a vessel sink (round) and I have the faucet (very much like this one, but a Jado) off to the left side in the corner. Love it. Think about left vs right hand placement though.

o

We have a round vessel sink with the offset faucet. To help with splash, wait to drill the hole for the faucet until you can set the sink on the counter and mock it up. Try to position the faucet spout so that the water falls just shy of the drain. You can also reduce the amount of water coming through the water supply valves so you have a lower volume of water flowing which will also reduce splash.

Like you, we didn't want a modern look. Delta makes their Victorian faucet in 2 different styles--a traditional and an open top. We went for the open top as it looked more "rustic" & went with the antique pewter finish to give it that aged look. Very happy with our choice. I've attached a couple pics below.

Hope this helps & good luck!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

o

Mydream, that was very helpful, thanks a bunch! Happy Thanksgiving!

o

Will there be enough room to wash the hands without getting water on the counter? Just looking at the inspiration picture I think I would get water all over. My sister has a regular sink and because of the faucet she gets a lot of splash onto the counter behind the faucet. The spout must be too short or too high or something. Can you go to a display shop with tape measure and take measurements of function?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here