Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Liiiilllllooooo ! I have a question :)

Posted by enduring (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 14, 13 at 9:37

Lillo, what did you end up getting for you marble surfaces in your bathroom. I thought once you were looking at a Thassos because you wanted white white white. If you have the Thassos, have you been happy with it? Are you happy with the white? I saw your shower that you posted yesterday on the other thread and was wondering what that tub deck is. I think I see mostly white but maybe some gray streaks.

I have recently been thinking that the carrara I selected will be too gray or busy with my other elements. I am going to the stone yard tomorrow for them to pull out my remnant I put a deposit on last spring, so I can look. They have a Vietnamese white marble that is cheaper and to me looks like Thassos. The stone man said it is like Thassos. I like the simple white visual. If I can switch out my stone I might go with the Vietnamese. So any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Liiiilllllooooo ! I have a question :)

Hi Enduring, I used the calacata marble for the floor , tub surround and counters . The slab that I got and fell in love with was mostly white with little greenish streaks . I was going to use the white thassos tile for the shower and floor . However I changed my mind for the shower and went with white porcelain , because of maintenance issues . I chose the calacata marble for the floor , because my husband thought the white thassos too blend . I am posting a picture for you of the tub surround .
I hope this info is helpful to you .

o

Thanks Lillo, I appreciate the information. I will be going to the stone yard today and see what I see :)

o

Good luck , it wasn't easy to find this slab . I just found it in one place only out of at least 10 . I was told that what they get now is mostly with a lot of grey . keep me posted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here