Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
embeth_gw

Matching tile and fixtures

embeth
11 years ago

I am having a mini-panic over what to do with matching tile and fixtures.

We are in the middle of having a bathroom in our house remodeled. (The house is a Victorian. The bathroom is a tiny room on the main floor that was added in the 1920's, and we are remodeling to add a shower to the tub, add tile, and update some very worn components.)

We are planning to add tile to the shower area and lower half of the rest of the room, and I bought subway tile in snow white from Lowes to do it. But the sink I purchased is a much brighter white, closer to Toto's cotton white for reference. (Because the bathroom is tiny and we wanted it to fit into the style of the house, there were very few appropriate sinks.)

1. Any thoughts on how this will look once things are installed? (I could change the tile, although I prefer the warmer white of the tile to something brighter. Also, the Lowes tile is significantly less than other tile options.)

2. If I stick with the sink and tile I have, would it be better to match the toilet to the sink (Toto's cotton white) or to get a toilet that bridges the colors between the sink and tile (Toto's Colonial White)?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments (3)