Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luckyme7

Anyone used cultured marble vanity top with black/ white vein?

luckyme7
9 years ago

We are planning to pick white cabinets with cultured marble vanity top with black/ white vein and a white bowl. The specific product is from Virginia Marble #107 black/ white vein. I want to get the feel by looking at some pictures. But when I searched online I could find only one picture and because it has gold faucets, and mine would be chrome, it is hard for me to get a good feel of it.

Has anyone used it, if you would you mind sharing a picture?

This is the picture I see online. Is this worth the upgrade or can I leave with standard white painted cabinet and white cultured marble? This was the least expensive upgrade, anything else would be more expensive and at this point we are not looking to splurge any more on this.

Comments (7)

• User
    9 years ago

It's really fake manmade looking. Not in goood way at all.

• tuesday_2008
    9 years ago

I think it looks really nice - and of course it is man-made. I am assuming it is quite a bit of savings over granite. I actually think it looks more like a real stone than some of the lighter/whiter ones I have seen.

Can you share pictures of the vanity and the rest of the bathroom so we can guide you in your decision.

• luckyme7
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Tuesday_2008 - That is the problem...I haven't seen an installed product. I have seen just this picture in their brochure / website and a small palm size slab. Internet search does not turn up any picture either. That is why I was hoping to see if someone from here has used it.

I have seen bathroom vanities made out of cultured marble with dots that look like corian. And to my layman eyes they looked like real corian.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

My neighbor lady just called me to look at a spot on her cultured marble vanity. Nothing I can do, the stuff is unrepairable. If fact, if I could repair this stuff, I'd be very wealthy.

Yes, it's inexpensive, but you'll stare at a screw-up until the day you replace it.

• live_wire_oak
    9 years ago

In a light color, some cultured marble can look almost like the real thing as long as you take off the attached backsplash. The darker colors never really look authentic, and still have the same problems as all dark marble does: it's easily damaged and will show white where that happens. If budget were an issue, I'd personally prefer doing a laminate top to most cultured marble. Or, a granite remnant. Or a prefab real stone top. Depends on the budget and aesthetic.

• Vertise
    9 years ago

I think it's silly to think a plastic product will look like stone or to think anyone is expecting it to. It's an alternative to laminate if you don't want stone and has its own individual look, sometimes with patterns inspired by nature, like many other products/creations do. Of course they look like plastic but are much better looking than they used to be, with various sheens.

I would not buy a counter sight unseen. See where it retails and look for displays. Check with big box stores and k&b supply stores. K&b design stores too. Ask the manuf for a sample you can see, feel and test for durability.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

"I think it's silly to think a plastic product will look like stone or to think anyone is expecting it to."

Most granites are resinated. That means they are saturated in plastic at the factory.