Just in the nick of time (pics)......

yadax3
15 years ago

Guests begin arriving tonight.....phew!

Here is a link that might be useful: My hall bathroom

Comments (15)

• pepperidge_farm
    15 years ago

Hey, that looks really nice. I like the pattern on the floor a lot and the lighting- I assume there is the mirror image (pardon the pun) over the other sink.

Very creative and sophisticated!

Cheers

• na_praha
    15 years ago

That floor is gorgeous, as is the rest of the room. Well done - enjoy it this week!

• weedyacres
    15 years ago

Ooooh, LOVE the tile work: floor, tub, wall. Here's hoping we can finish our in-process bath by Wednesday when my parents arrive....

• happymommy
    15 years ago

It looks incredible. In particular, I love the floor and the tile work throughout. You did a FANTASTIC job! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

• house_vixen
    15 years ago

Wow, I *can* be a bit of a minimalist when it comes to pattern and tile, but I love the walls and floors on their own, and REALLY love way you've managed to make them play so nicely together!

Having both the dark and light (white) elements really keeps the room in balance for me.

Congrats on the finish -- know your guests will enjoy it!

• yadax3
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks to you all for the nice compliments. I have to admit though, I'm really not enamored with the wall paint color. It's BM Bar Harbor Beige and I think it's too light.

DH and I went back and forth and finally I took my tile samples to the paint store and let a designer choose the colors. DH says a darker color will make the small bathroom too dark but I think the white fixtures and light ceiling will balance it out. Besides, I think a deeper color will set off the reflective glass tile better. Bearing in mind I took the photos went it was dark outside, what do you think?

• User
    15 years ago

I agree that a darker wall paint would blend nicely. At least that's something you can do at a later time. You did a beautiful job! The glass tile is great and I like the classic look.

• sweeby
    15 years ago

Fabulous! Such beautiful tile work -- so interesting ut soothing at the same time. Unconventional, but why? Classic with a twist!

• funnycide
    15 years ago

Did you do the tile work yourself?

• yadax3
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes, I'm afraid I have to take the credit/blame for the 'interesting' tile patterns. I don't know what came over me. I bought the software Bill recommends for designing tile and then I went a little nuts. I guess I was thinking I needed an unusual pattern on the wall since the color is so neutral. And then I couldn't make up my mind between clear and matte glass tile so I used them both.

I always want to do something a little cutting edge but in the end it winds up being more 'classic'. I guess I'm not as adventurous as I would like to be.

• sweeby
    15 years ago

but with a TWIST! ;-)
    and is IS unconventional--

• pharaoh
    15 years ago

Beautiful! unique, the tile work is wonderful. I love the colors and the pattern. nice job..

• busybme
    15 years ago

Beautiful, yadax! What an attractive space and your tile patterns and selection ARE unique...very nice!

Sandy

• shannonaz
    15 years ago

This bathroom is gorgeous yadax! I would love to see more pics, but the album now needs a password to be viewed...can I please so more? I especially would love to see the shower. Thank you so much!

• astridh
    15 years ago

That tile looks gorgeous! I love the designs you chose! I agree that the wall paint color could be a little darker.