Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
countertop consisting of layer of thin black and quartz on top

Posted by elphaba (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 9, 12 at 1:41

I would like the 8ft countertop in my bathroom to have a thin black strip around the edge (horizontally) with the quartz (beige'ish top color) on top as normal. The countertop encompasses one sink, makeup countertop and linen countertop (hamper beneath). Wondering if anyone has seen this done? I have some ideas - perhaps use an Ikea Numerar walnut countertop and stain it black and then put quartz on top of that??

Reason I want this is that the bathroom is going to be boring with beige everywhere (tile to the ceiling) though there will be porcelain taupe plank on the floor. I want to have a few accents of black. My hope is to have two floating black shelves over the toilet and also a picture on the wall opposite the countertop that will have a narrow black frame. I've always liked black accents contrasted against a predominantly pale color scheme.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: countertop consisting of layer of thin black and quartz on to

Guess my idea about the black stripe or strip for the countertop (in addition to the quartz) seems a bit odd. I'm still interested but I have thought of something better because it is simpler and can be removed if I don't like it. My better idea is to use black cabinet pulls on the vanity drawers to get the black accent I want that will mesh with the black picture frames and two black floating shelves over the toilet. I'm a happy camper - nice to have a plan that is simple ... stay tuned.

o
RE: countertop consisting of layer of thin black and quartz on to

Corian can do a stripe or an inlay or design in any color you want.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here